- Vision & Mission Statement: It is our MISSION to serve children with a transformational and highly rigorous education that is distinctively Christ-centered and rooted in the development of the whole self.
- Rock Creek Christian Academy is committed to cultivating a community of educated, motivated and passionate students who know God, love God and serve God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, Calculus,|
|Average SAT score||1110|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,745|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition covers the cost of providing a certified and qualified Christian faculty and the costs associated with overhead expenses.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||3rd - 12th Brass, Percussion, Woodwind, African Drums 3rd-5th grade & MS/HS, Chorus 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS, Dance - Ballet/Hiphop/African/Modern - 3rd - 5th & MS/HS, HS Journalism, HS Justice/Homeland Security, HS SAT Prep, MS Study Skills, MS/HS Art, MS/HS Computer Programming, MS/HS Drama, Music Production/Engineering Class 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS, Private Lessons - Voice/Piano/Brass Woodwind/Strings/Drums/Voice - All Grades, String Instruments - 3rd -5th grade & MS/HS, Yearbook HS Journalism, HS SAT Prep, MS/HS Art, MS/HS Drama, Yearbook, 3rd - 12th Brass, Percussion, Woodwind,
African Drums 3rd-5th grade & MS/HS,
Chorus 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS,
Dance - Ballet/Hiphop/African/Modern - 3rd - 5th & MS/HS,
HS Justice/Homeland Security,
MS Study Skills,
MS/HS Computer Programming,
Music Production/Engineering Class 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS,
Private Lessons - Voice/Piano/Brass Woodwind/Strings/Drums/Voice - All Grades,
String Instruments - 3rd -5th grade & MS/HS,
- EXPECTED OUTCOMES
- Spiritual Development Outcomes 'Let the Word of God dwell in you richly.'- Colossians 3:16 Rock Creek Christian Academy seeks to: 1) Lead each child to personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. 2) Enrich the child's devotional life. 3) Develop a well-balanced and Christ-like personality. 4) Awaken a realization that God has a purpose and plan for each life. 5) Develop from Scripture the ability to find help independently. 6) Develop knowledge, love, and understanding of the Bible. 7) Instill a sense of responsibility for the lost that will lead to intelligent witnessing.
- Mental Development Outcomes 'Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.' - Philippians 2:5 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Develop positive reactions to life. 2) Discover and develop individual aptitudes. 3) Cultivate analytical thinking and a priority-directed life. 4) Impart a command of common knowledge and skills. 5) Develop a mind-directed life and not a feeling-directed life.
- Emotional Development Outcomes 'Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.' - Ephesians 6:10 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Establish an emotional balance. 2) Build a Christ-controlled personality. 3) Develop aesthetic interests and abilities. 4) Enable each student to adjust easily to situations in which he/she is found.
- Social Development Outcomes: 'For none of us liveth to himself.' - Romans 14:7 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Instill a loyalty to Jesus Christ in all things at all times. 2) Awaken and foster missionary responsibility toward all men. 3) Develop an understanding of the student's place and obligations in the family. 4) Help the student share his/her Christian responsibility as a citizen for the welfare of every group to which he/she belongs.
- Physical Development Outcomes 'Present your bodies a living sacrifice...unto God.' - Romans 12:1 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Teach intelligent care of the body. 2) Develop habits of self-control and responsibility. 3) Encourage the yielding of the body as an instrument of God's use. 4) Develop a respect for one's body as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 518 students
6501 Surratts Road
Clinton, MD 20735
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-8 | 152 students
9010 Frank Tippett Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 330 students
6700 Bock Rd
Fort Washington, MD 20744
ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 153 students
9255 Piscataway Road
Clinton, MD 20735
My daughter has attends 5th grade. The Teachers are very caring and enjoy what they do. My child has learned a lot from Rock Creek Christian Academy because she receives quality attention without classroom overflow. I highly recommend this school and my daughter will be graduating from this school as a Senior.
- Posted by Parent - Ms. Barnes
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.