Rock Creek Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Vision & Mission Statement: It is our MISSION to serve children with a transformational and highly rigorous education that is distinctively Christ-centered and rooted in the development of the whole self.
- Rock Creek Christian Academy is committed to cultivating a community of educated, motivated and passionate students who know God, love God and serve God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, Calculus,|
|Average SAT score||1110|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,745|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition covers the cost of providing a certified and qualified Christian faculty and the costs associated with overhead expenses.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Sharon Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||3rd - 12th Brass, African Drums 3rd-5th grade & MS/HS, Chorus 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS, Dance - Ballet/Hiphop/African/Modern - 3rd - 5th & MS/HS, HS Journalism, HS Justice/Homeland Security, HS SAT Prep, MS Study Skills, MS/HS Art, MS/HS Computer Programming, MS/HS Drama, Music Production/Engineering Class 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS, Percussion, Private Lessons - Voice/Piano/Brass Woodwind/Strings/Drums/Voice - All Grades, String Instruments - 3rd -5th grade & MS/HS, Woodwind, Yearbook HS Journalism, HS SAT Prep, MS/HS Art, MS/HS Drama, Percussion, Woodwind, Yearbook, 3rd - 12th Brass,|
African Drums 3rd-5th grade & MS/HS,
Chorus 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS,
Dance - Ballet/Hiphop/African/Modern - 3rd - 5th & MS/HS,
HS Justice/Homeland Security,
MS Study Skills,
MS/HS Computer Programming,
Music Production/Engineering Class 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS,
Private Lessons - Voice/Piano/Brass Woodwind/Strings/Drums/Voice - All Grades,
String Instruments - 3rd -5th grade & MS/HS,
- EXPECTED OUTCOMES
- Spiritual Development Outcomes 'Let the Word of God dwell in you richly.'- Colossians 3:16 Rock Creek Christian Academy seeks to: 1) Lead each child to personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. 2) Enrich the child's devotional life. 3) Develop a well-balanced and Christ-like personality. 4) Awaken a realization that God has a purpose and plan for each life. 5) Develop from Scripture the ability to find help independently. 6) Develop knowledge, love, and understanding of the Bible. 7) Instill a sense of responsibility for the lost that will lead to intelligent witnessing.
- Mental Development Outcomes 'Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.' - Philippians 2:5 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Develop positive reactions to life. 2) Discover and develop individual aptitudes. 3) Cultivate analytical thinking and a priority-directed life. 4) Impart a command of common knowledge and skills. 5) Develop a mind-directed life and not a feeling-directed life.
- Emotional Development Outcomes 'Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.' - Ephesians 6:10 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Establish an emotional balance. 2) Build a Christ-controlled personality. 3) Develop aesthetic interests and abilities. 4) Enable each student to adjust easily to situations in which he/she is found.
- Social Development Outcomes: 'For none of us liveth to himself.' - Romans 14:7 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Instill a loyalty to Jesus Christ in all things at all times. 2) Awaken and foster missionary responsibility toward all men. 3) Develop an understanding of the student's place and obligations in the family. 4) Help the student share his/her Christian responsibility as a citizen for the welfare of every group to which he/she belongs.
- Physical Development Outcomes 'Present your bodies a living sacrifice...unto God.' - Romans 12:1 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Teach intelligent care of the body. 2) Develop habits of self-control and responsibility. 3) Encourage the yielding of the body as an instrument of God's use. 4) Develop a respect for one's body as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 518 students
6501 Surratts Road
Clinton, MD 20735
- Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-8 | 152 students
9010 Frank Tippett Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 153 students
9255 Piscataway Road
Clinton, MD 20735
- BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
Hello Pastor Mitchell,I just wanted to say THANK YOU for keeping the parents informed. You are doing an excellent job. I am excited and looking forward to the upcoming school year.
- Posted by Parent - High School Parent
Hello Pastor Mitchell,I just wanted to say THANK YOU for keeping the parents informed. You are doing an excellent job. I am excited and looking forward to the upcoming school year!
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. Washington
I am writing to commend your Faculty/Staff regarding the recent Senior Class Trip. This entire Senior committee worked and prayed very hard to make this a wonderful experience for these students and they did not fail. My son and I'm sure the others had a great time and were also enlightened and truly touched by some of the events. As any parent I'm always a little apprehensive to have my child travel without his parents but I have to say I was totally at peace with the selected chaperones. I want to thank the Teachers for taking such great care of my student on this trip. I would also like to thank other members of the committee for all their hard work. This is the Gregory family's last year at this school and I will have to say after twenty years I'm going to really miss it. For years my husband and I have felt so blessed to have Christian teachers for our children. My oldest son started in 1997 and we started my youngest son Aaron in 2004. While sometimes it was a sacrifice financially it was without a doubt worth it. My prayer is that this school will continue to offer a great Christian based education to the students in this community.
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. Gregory
My daughter has attends 5th grade. The Teachers are very caring and enjoy what they do. My child has learned a lot from Rock Creek Christian Academy because she receives quality attention without classroom overflow. I highly recommend this school and my daughter will be graduating from this school as a Senior.
- Posted by Parent - Ms. Barnes
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.