Rock Creek Christian Academy
Vision & Mission Statement: It is our MISSION to serve children with a transformational and highly rigorous education that is distinctively Christ-centered and rooted in the development of the whole self.
Rock Creek Christian Academy is committed to cultivating a community of educated, motivated and passionate students who know God, love God and serve God.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 243 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,745
- Acceptance rate: 93%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Rock Creek Christian Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, Calculus
Average SAT score
Classroom Dress Code
(School Uniform Required)
(School Uniform Required)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition covers the cost of providing a certified and qualified Christian faculty and the costs associated with overhead expenses.
National avg.: 85%
Ms. Jasmine Mitchell
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
3rd - 12th Brass, African Drums 3rd-5th grade & MS/HS, Chorus 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS, Dance - Ballet/Hiphop/African/Modern - 3rd - 5th & MS/HS, HS Journalism, HS Justice/Homeland Security, HS SAT Prep, MS Study Skills, MS/HS Art, MS/HS Computer Programming, MS/HS Drama, Music Production/Engineering Class 3rd - 5th grade & MS/HS, Percussion, Private Lessons - Voice/Piano/Brass Woodwind/Strings/Drums/Voice - All Grades, String Instruments - 3rd -5th grade & MS/HS, Woodwind, Yearbook
- EXPECTED OUTCOMES
- Spiritual Development Outcomes 'Let the Word of God dwell in you richly.'- Colossians 3:16 Rock Creek Christian Academy seeks to: 1) Lead each child to personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. 2) Enrich the child's devotional life. 3) Develop a well-balanced and Christ-like personality. 4) Awaken a realization that God has a purpose and plan for each life. 5) Develop from Scripture the ability to find help independently. 6) Develop knowledge, love, and understanding of the Bible. 7) Instill a sense of responsibility for the lost that will lead to intelligent witnessing.
- Mental Development Outcomes 'Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.' - Philippians 2:5 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Develop positive reactions to life. 2) Discover and develop individual aptitudes. 3) Cultivate analytical thinking and a priority-directed life. 4) Impart a command of common knowledge and skills. 5) Develop a mind-directed life and not a feeling-directed life.
- Emotional Development Outcomes 'Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.' - Ephesians 6:10 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Establish an emotional balance. 2) Build a Christ-controlled personality. 3) Develop aesthetic interests and abilities. 4) Enable each student to adjust easily to situations in which he/she is found.
- Social Development Outcomes: 'For none of us liveth to himself.' - Romans 14:7 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Instill a loyalty to Jesus Christ in all things at all times. 2) Awaken and foster missionary responsibility toward all men. 3) Develop an understanding of the student's place and obligations in the family. 4) Help the student share his/her Christian responsibility as a citizen for the welfare of every group to which he/she belongs.
- Physical Development Outcomes 'Present your bodies a living sacrifice...unto God.' - Romans 12:1 Clinton Christian School seeks to: 1) Teach intelligent care of the body. 2) Develop habits of self-control and responsibility. 3) Encourage the yielding of the body as an instrument of God's use. 4) Develop a respect for one's body as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Profile last updated: 08/04/2021
Hello Pastor Mitchell,I just wanted to say THANK YOU for keeping the parents informed. You are doing an excellent job. I am excited and looking forward to the upcoming school year.
Hello Pastor Mitchell,I just wanted to say THANK YOU for keeping the parents informed. You are doing an excellent job. I am excited and looking forward to the upcoming school year!
I am writing to commend your Faculty/Staff regarding the recent Senior Class Trip. This entire Senior committee worked and prayed very hard to make this a wonderful experience for these students and they did not fail. My son and I'm sure the others had a great time and were also enlightened and truly touched by some of the events. As any parent I'm always a little apprehensive to have my child travel without his parents but I have to say I was totally at peace with the selected chaperones. I want to thank the Teachers for taking such great care of my student on this trip. I would also like to thank other members of the committee for all their hard work. This is the Gregory family's last year at this school and I will have to say after twenty years I'm going to really miss it. For years my husband and I have felt so blessed to have Christian teachers for our children. My oldest son started in 1997 and we started my youngest son Aaron in 2004. While sometimes it was a sacrifice financially it was without a doubt worth it. My prayer is that this school will continue to offer a great Christian based education to the students in this community.
My daughter has attends 5th grade. The Teachers are very caring and enjoy what they do. My child has learned a lot from Rock Creek Christian Academy because she receives quality attention without classroom overflow. I highly recommend this school and my daughter will be graduating from this school as a Senior.
Endorse Rock Creek Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?