Rock Church Academy
History Rock Church Academy is a private Christian school in Baltimore founded in 1983.
RCA is an exceptional elementary school in Baltimore with a proven history of high standards and academic excellence.
For over 38 years Rock Church Academy has helped develop leaders.
Many of our alumni today serve in positions of leadership throughout our community: principals, teachers, military officers, business owners, musicians, and more! Our school has a record of academic excellence with students testing higher than other comparable academic programs. Rock Church Academy is committed to developing the next generation into tomorrow`s leaders who are anchored in Christ, geared to impact the culture, and walk confidently in their purpose.
Our approach to learning focuses on developing the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Our well-rounded instructional approach fosters critical thinking, communication, character development, learning through play, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) in a safe, nurturing learning environment.
Our safe, private campus, surrounded by 8 acres of nature, enables us to place an instructional emphasis on the arts, environment and caring for creation.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Students: 137 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,700
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Light Blue Tops, Navy Bottoms)
(Light Blue Tops, Navy Bottoms)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total Sports Offered
- 1st Time Scholars (Pre-K Through Kindergarten) If your child has never attended school before and is entering grades Pre-K2, Pre-K3, Pre-K4, or Kindergarten, please be sure to complete a full application and the "Ages & Stages" questions about your child's development, prior learning environment, and early childhood education. Ages & Stages- 36 Months (Pre-K3) Ages & Stages- 48 Months (Pre-K4) Ages & Stages- 60 Months (Kindergarten) Transfer Applicants If your child has attended another school (Pre-K- Grade 5), we require academic records, attendance records, behavioral records (or confirmation that none exists), and any existing or prior student support plans (504, IEP's, Behavioral) and or any referrals to student support teams. Requested records include but are not limited to the following: (You will be required to complete a release of records form) Report Cards Standardized Tests Health Assessments Attendance Records If applicable...Any Existing or Prior 504, IEP's, Behavioral Action PlansAny Existing Referrals or Prior Referrals for (OT, Speech, Behavioral, or Learning Disabilities). All Applicants (Once a Letter of Acceptance is Received) Once your scholar receives a letter of acceptance you will receive an official RCA Enrollment Packet. Please ensure the following documents are completed and returned and may require the appropriate physician's participation or signature: Completed Registration Documents Completed Financial Worksheet & Financial Plan (If not paying in full) Emergency Contact Forms Maryland Health Inventory, Requires Pediatrician's CompletionVaccination Record (Please review required age-appropriate vaccines were given) Requires Pediatrician's CompletionDental Health Screening Requires Dentist's Completion Proof of Student Health Insurance Coverage Purchase School Uniforms Extended Care Enrollment Forms
Profile last updated: 05/28/2021
Endorse Rock Church Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?