Notre Dame Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (410) 825-6202
- Founded in 1873, Notre Dame Preparatory School is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls, owned and operated by the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- With approximately 800 girls in grades 6-12, the school follows a mission of academic excellence, spiritual growth and the practice of social justice.
Notre Dame Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||828 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||93 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform dress, sweater, saddle shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,590|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,354|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Maureen Cannon|
|Admissions Associate||Miss Kathleen Sukeena|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter TrackBadminton, Ballet,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||44 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Affinity Groups, Architecture and Engineering, Athletic Association, Baking Club, Book Club, Campus Ministry, Career Exploration Opportunities (CEO) club, Cheerleading, Christian Community Awareness Program, Cultural Awareness Club, Cyberpatriots, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Equine Club, French Club, Habitat for Humanity, It's Academic!, Literary Magazine, Marine Biology Club, Maryland Math League, Mock Trial, Newspaper, People for Animal Welfare (PAW), Photo Club, Sewing and Fashion Club, Spanish Club, Speech and Debate, Stars and Robotics, Student Council, Student Diversity Equity and Inclusion Council, Student Leadership Organization, Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), Students for Environmental Action, Travis Manion Club, Writing Club, Yearbook, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus, Dance Team, Drama productions, Orchestra, Production Technology Crew, Ukuladies
- In January 2020, NDP opened its new Innovation Wing. Complete with a fabrication lab, art studios, cyber security room, and more, the Innovation Wing will be home to all things STEAM at NDP!
- NDP is a wireless laptop school, with all Upper Level students using personal laptops, which they purchase freshman year, for all classes.
- An extensive social service curriculum is designed to move students from volunteerism and charity to advocacy and justice.
- Programs are offered in STEAM, Humanities, visual arts, music, drama and more.
- Unusual course offerings include Chinese, social service, anatomy and physiology, marine biology, architectural drawing, computer graphics and photography, and an extensive music program; in the Middle Level Explore and Advisory Programs complement academics
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 757 students
109 W Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 323-8800 8.9 PK-12
- Brooklandville Grades: 5-12 | 440 students
11232 Falls Rd
Brooklandville, MD 21022
(410) 823-6323 4.9 5-12
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1357 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(443) 544-7071 11.3 PK-12
As a student at Notre Dame, I have loved every minute of my NDP experience. There truly is something for every student!From outstanding academic challenges to competitive athletic teams, I have enjoyed it all. The sisterly bonds are so powerful and I am making friends to last. Also, the unique phasing system lets each student thrive, learn, and be challenged at their own level and speed. In addition to this the facilities are top notch and enable a variety of learning techniques.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mburk
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.