Garrison Forest School
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 550 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Upcoming Events and News
- Spring Signing Day Features Artists and Athletes - 07/25/2022Today, Wednesday, March 11th, we were proud to recognize four Senior artists and student-athletes who declared their intent to pursue their passions in college.
- Congratulations to the Class of 2022! - 07/25/2022It was a gorgeous day to celebrate the Class of 2022 at the 108th Garrison Forest Commencement ceremony held in Centennial Courtyard. The morning was filled with lots of laughter and happy tears as Seniors left their final mark on the Upper School.
- 14 Jenkins Fellows Serve in the Baltimore Community - 07/25/2022The Garrison Forest Elsie Foster Jenkins `53 Endowment Fund for Community Service program supports a variety of Service League community outreach initiatives and has sent over 80 Jenkins Fellows to over 31 countries and communities, positively impacting hundreds of lives. From teaching students math in Uganda to creating a dance movement program for children living at the House of Ruth Maryland, our Jenkins Fellows exemplify the GFS Core Value, Be Compassionate.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Anime Club, Asian Students Association, Black Students Association, Book Club, Christian Club, Debate Club, Fashion Collective, First Aid, Games Club, GREEN Club, International Club, JSA, Literary Magazine, Model UN, Multicultural Student Alliance Club, Politics Club, Riding Club, Robotics Club, Spanish and Latin Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
Acapella Group, Chorus, Dance, Musical Theater
- Empowering students to achieve their fullest potential and live lives of purpose-this has been the core of Garrison Forest School since its founding in 1910. What was an innovative educational mission for girls at the turn of the 20th century remains so in the 21st century. Throughout our history, our mission has been to prepare young women for a rewarding college experience and for a purposeful life well beyond. Guided by our motto, Esse Quam Videri - To Be Rather Than To Seem - Garrison Forest's curricular and co-curricular program balances exceedingly high standards within a welcoming, spirited atmosphere.
- Located outside of Baltimore, the school's park-like campus offers collegiate-quality academic, athletic, arts and residential facilities. Our innovative partnership with The Johns Hopkins University, the Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) program, matches students with a Hopkins professor and lab to conduct research in science and engineering. Students may apply to be a Jenkins Fellow for an in-depth service learning project of their choice. Our new Equine and Veterinary Science program, expanded Robotics program, arts offerings, competitive interscholastic athletics (including riding and Polo at the national levels) and many clubs meet every interest, broaden horizons and provide leadership development.
- With Baltimore, Washington, D.C., New York City and other Mid-Atlantic cities and states nearby, students enjoy a variety of weekend activities. Here, students flourish intellectually and individually, find their voice, discover their passions and embrace their potential.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Elizabeth Littlefield '78 - President and CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- Lara Schwartz '85 - Vice President of External Affairs for The American Association of People with Disabilities
- Helen Whitney '61 - Oscar nominated producer, director, and documentary writer
- Nicole Hansen '12 - Nationally ranked climber
- Rachel Pohl '74 - Help found ArtCorps, a health and human rights nonprofit
- Tiffany Thomas '85 - Set Director for HBO's Game Change
- Learic Cramer '96 - Northrup Grumman engineer and race car driver
- Julie Bowen '87 - Emmy Award-winning actress
- Beth Botsford '99 - Olympic Gold Medalist
- Adele Smith Simmons '59 - President of the Global Philanthropy Partnership, senior advisor to the World Economic Forum, first female dean at Princeton
Endorse Garrison Forest School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards