Roland Park Country School
- A college preparatory school educating girls and young women from Kindergarten through Grade 12, Preschool for girls and boys. Roland Park Country School is a very special place, marked by a resilient spirit that has been the School's hallmark since its inception over 100 years ago.
- This spirit has traveled with the School from the original campus on Keswick Road to Roland Avenue to University Parkway to our present campus at Chestnutwood.
- Over the years, RPCS has thrived. Even during times of difficulty, RPCS's commitment to providing students with a top-notch education and the tools and knowledge necessary to pursue their passions with confidence, responsibility and an understanding of the world around them, has remained a constant.
Roland Park Country School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||669 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Science, Economics, English, English 11, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, Government, Latin Vergil, Music Theory, Physics, Russian, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,995|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Tuition - $20,000 Preschool Tuition (2013-2014) 7:30am - 6:30pm - $14,995 7:30am - 3:00pm - $12,750 7:30am - 12:30pm - $10, 950 International Tuition $30,200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Curtis|
|Admissions Associate||Jaleh Goodale|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Winter TrackBadminton, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
- Roland Park Country School, a college preparatory school for girls, is dedicated to the intellectual, aesthetic, physical and moral development of its students and includes a coed Preschool. While maintaining high academic standards, the school upholds tradition and promotes innovation. The school encourages self-discipline, independence of thought, tenacity of purpose, creativity, and spiritual well-being. It also fosters personal integrity, respect for others, an appreciation of diversity, and a cooperative, resilient spirit. Roland Park Country School values the friendly atmosphere of mutual trust inherent in an inclusive community. The school strives to instill in its students a lifelong love of learning as well as the motivation to look within and beyond themselves in order that they become responsible, contributing members and leaders of their communities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 767 students
109 W Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)323-8800 4.8 PK-12
- Brooklandville Grades: 5-12 | 440 students
11232 Falls Rd
Brooklandville, MD 21022
(410)823-6323 4.9 5-12
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1340 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(410)581-4711 8.4 PK-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.