Maryvale Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- Maryvale is a Catholic, independent school for girls in grades six through 12.
- Affiliated with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Maryvale combines tradition with the latest trends in technology and education to offer an invaluable 21st century, college preparatory learning experience.
- With a 9:1 student-to-faculty ratio, Maryvale gives every girl the skills and confidence to learn, lead and succeed throughout the school day...and throughout life.
- From AP classes and social justice programs to athletics and arts, students have immense opportunity to develop lifelong talents and friendships.
Maryvale Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, European History, French Language & Culture, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics C - Electricity and Magnetism, Physics C - Mechanics, Physics I, Spanish Language & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art - 2D Design, Studio Art - Drawing, United States Government & Politics, United States History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,300|
|Admissions Director||Sheryl Piron|
|Admissions Associate||Nicole Muffoletto|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Swimming, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Dead Language Society, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Grey Towers Newspaper, It's Academic, Lions at Sea Sailing Club, Middle School Geography Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Music/Performance Club, National Honor Society, National Honor Society for French and Spanish, National Junior Honor Society, National Math Honor Society, Representation of Animal Rights (R.O.A.R.), SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Social Justice Coalition (SoJuCo), Student Council, Student Diversity Club, Students for Climate Justice, The Lion's Tale Newspaper
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Troupe, Drama, Instrumental Band, Liturgical Choir, Mixed Choir, National Art Honor Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Maryvale is a Catholic, independent school for girls in grades
six through 12. Affiliated with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur,
Maryvale combines tradition with the latest trends in technology
and education to offer an invaluable 21st century, college
preparatory learning experience. With an 9:1
student-to-faculty ratio, Maryvale gives every girl the
skills and confidence to learn, lead and succeed throughout the
school day...and throughout life. From AP classes and social
justice programs to athletics and arts, students have immense
opportunity to develop lifelong talents and
- The Leadership Institute at Maryvale provides girls with the academic training, real life examples and immense opportunity to develop exemplary leadership skills that will catapult them ahead in college, career and life. Under the umbrella of this signature program, every student receives a variety of leadership training during each academic year. Through a Middle School course, Upper School electives, regular lessons in Advisory, guest speakers, field trips to local companies such as McCormick and Under Armour and all-school assemblies, the Institute offers leadership skill development at every phase of a Maryvale student`s journey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-12 | 1340 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(410)581-4711 6.1 PK-12
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 767 students
109 W Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)323-8800 10.4 PK-12
Maryvale has an incredible history and has always offered excellence in its educational programs. Students have individual options as well as a strong base of required subjects. It genuinely prepares alumnae to become successful life-long learners. Maryvale is, by far, the best private school option in the Baltimore area!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jeanl
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.