The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
Dedicated in 2012, the Grass Family Turf Field is a FIFA II/quality synthetic field with 100% organic infill. It is the home field for St. Timothy's field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer teams.
A St. Timothy's education reflects the increasingly globalized, interconnected society in which we live, giving students a world perspective in mathematics, the sciences, social sciences, languages, literature, technology and the arts.
The Hamilton-Ireland Equestrian Center, located on the school's campus, includes a 24-stall barn, indoor riding arena, outdoor sand arena, double-fenced turnout paddocks, four fenced 10-acre fields with run-in sheds, and wooded trails.
The Redlands Farm at St. Timothy's School is designed to serve as an on-site sustainable farming operation dedicated to growing produce for the campus dining program and supporting experiential learning opportunities for students.
The Brownie-Spider basketball court, built in 2012, is the site of the annual Brownie-Spider basketball game, a beloved tradition that dates back more than 120 years.
At St. Timothy's, art is fundamental to your student experience as a form of communication, as a form of creative expression, and as a way to help you better understand yourself and the world around you.
St. Timothy's Dance program offers students the opportunity to explore and continue their progress in a variety of dance techniques, from ballet to tap to modern, regardless of skill level.
- St. Timothy's is a private, all-girls boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12, offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) and Middle Years Program (MYP).Our goal is to prepare students for lives of meaning and consequence by providing a comprehensive and flexible academic program in a supportive, richly resourced, and beautiful setting.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Biology, IB Chemistry, IB Economics, IB English, IB French, IB Geography, IB Physics, IB Spanish, IB Studio Art, IB Theatre, IB World History, IB Maths,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$53,900|
|Tuition Notes||International Fee is $230|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cameron Steese|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Activities Programming Board (APB), Baltimore Girls School Leadership Coalition, Black Awareness Club (BAC), Choir, Duke of Edinburgh (DOE), Equestrian Club, Film Club, Global Issues Network (GIN), Green School, Hand Bell Choir, Interfaith Club, International Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, Moongates (Acapella), Morale, Peer Tutors, Prefects, STEM, Self Government Association, Shalom Club, Social Services Club, Student Ambassadors, The Steward - Yearbook, Unity Club, Visual Arts Club Choir, Film Club, Green School, Math Club, Morale, Peer Tutors, Prefects, STEM, Shalom Club, Unity Club, Activities Programming Board (APB),
Baltimore Girls School Leadership Coalition,
Black Awareness Club (BAC),
Duke of Edinburgh (DOE),
Global Issues Network (GIN),
Hand Bell Choir,
Model United Nations,
Self Government Association,
Social Services Club,
The Steward - Yearbook,
Visual Arts Club,
- The school's residential structure enables faculty to support students in their personal, social, and intellectual development. Boarding and day students as well as our parents, alumnae, and friends appreciate the individual attention, the community atmosphere, the spiritual richness, and the high standards that characterize the St. Timothy's experience. The academic program fosters excellence in all disciplines within the liberal arts tradition. Faculty members guide students in mastering skills, acquiring knowledge, and thinking critically, creatively and independently. The School strives to help girls achieve their potential not only intellectually, but also artistically, athletically, and morally, so that they may lead responsible and fulfilling lives.
- St. Timothy's School is committed to establishing a community that encourages people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs to understand and respect one another and to be sensitive to differences. In its programs, the School seeks to promote a balance of leadership, cooperation, and service, together with a deeper awareness of the global community and the natural world. Each member of our tight-knit community students, faculty, and staff alike has special talents and gifts that help fulfill the mission of the School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Owings MillsGrades: NS-12 | 647 students
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Sparks GlencoeGrades: 8-12 | 184 students
1500 Glencoe Road
Sparks Glencoe, MD 21152
BrooklandvilleGrades: 5-12 | 440 students
11232 Falls Rd
Brooklandville, MD 21022
BaltimoreGrades: NS-12 | 686 students
5204 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
TowsonGrades: 6-12 | 808 students
815 Hampton Lane
Towson, MD 21286
School is so warm and friendly! It's my second home(:
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ghkfs
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.