St. Timothy's School
5.00 (1 review)
St. Timothy's School Photo #2 - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
St. Timothy's School Photo #3 - Dedicated in 2012, the Grass Family Turf Field is a FIFA II/quality synthetic field with 100% organic infill. It is the home field for St. Timothy's field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer teams.
St. Timothy's School Photo #4 - A St. Timothy's education reflects the increasingly globalized, interconnected society in which we live, giving students a world perspective in mathematics, the sciences, social sciences, languages, literature, technology and the arts.
St. Timothy's School Photo #5 - The Redlands Farm at St. Timothy's School is designed to serve as an on-site sustainable farming operation dedicated to growing produce for the campus dining program and supporting experiential learning opportunities for students.
St. Timothy's School Photo #6 - The Brownie-Spider basketball court, built in 2012, is the site of the annual Brownie-Spider basketball game, a beloved tradition that dates back more than 120 years.
St. Timothy's School Photo #7 - At St. Timothy's, art is fundamental to your student experience as a form of communication, as a form of creative expression, and as a way to help you better understand yourself and the world around you.
St. Timothy's School Photo #8 - St. Timothy's Dance program offers students the opportunity to explore and continue their progress in a variety of dance techniques, from ballet to tap to modern, regardless of skill level.
St. Timothy's School Photo #9 - St. Timothy’s School choir, the "Moongates," sings a wide variety of literature, including folk, classical, and multicultural. The Moongates perform in Chapel each week, as well as at Convocation, Commencement, our annual holiday concert - Lessons and Carols - and other events both on and off campus.
- St. Timothy's is a private, all-girls boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12, offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) and Middle Years Program (MYP). St. Timothy's girls develop the habits of mind that make them fearless in their pursuit of knowledge and become independent problem solvers.
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma program is valued and recognized by the nation's best and most interesting colleges and universities and beyond. And on a campus named by Architectural Digest as among the nation`s 50 most beautiful boarding schools, day and boarding students share the resources of a true 24/7 living and learning community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Biology, IB Chemistry, IB Economics, IB English, IB French, IB Geography, IB Physics, IB Spanish, IB Studio Art, IB Theatre, IB World History, IB Maths|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$58,300|
|Tuition Notes||International Fee is $230|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jill Medina|
|Admissions Associate||Stori Zinkhann|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Activities Programming Board (APB), Baltimore Girls School Leadership Coalition, Black Awareness Club (BAC), Choir, Duke of Edinburgh (DOE), Equestrian Club, Film Club, Global Issues Network (GIN), Green School, Hand Bell Choir, Interfaith Club, International Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, Moongates (Acapella), Morale, Peer Tutors, Prefects, Self Government Association, Shalom Club, Social Services Club, STEM, Student Ambassadors, The Steward - Yearbook, Unity Club, Visual Arts Club
- The school's residential structure enables faculty to support students in their personal, social, and intellectual development. Boarding and day students as well as our parents, alumnae, and friends appreciate the individual attention, the community atmosphere, the spiritual richness, and the high standards that characterize the St. Timothy's experience.
- The academic program fosters excellence in all disciplines within the liberal arts tradition. Faculty members guide students in mastering skills, acquiring knowledge, and thinking critically, creatively and independently. The School strives to help girls achieve their potential not only intellectually, but also artistically, athletically, and morally, so that they may lead responsible and fulfilling lives.
- St. Timothy's School is committed to establishing a community that encourages people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs to understand and respect one another and to be sensitive to differences. In its programs, the School seeks to promote a balance of leadership, cooperation, and service, together with a deeper awareness of the global community and the natural world. Each member of our tight-knit community students, faculty, and staff alike has special talents and gifts that help fulfill the mission of the School.
- Through the school`s signature program, Winterim, students engage in opportunities to apply their knowledge and love of inquiry in some of the world's leading organizations, such as the World Bank, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Brookings Institution, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the New York Botanical Gardens, and the Museum of Modern Art.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 620 students
5204 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(443)934-3896 4.4 PK-12
School is so warm and friendly! It's my second home(:
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ghkfs
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.