Calvert Hall College High School
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,163 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,500
- Average class size: 21 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 31
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Coat and Tie
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Calvert Hall College is a Lasallian school community. Steeped in the educational legacy of their founder, St. John Baptist de La Salle, the Brothers of the Christian Schools founded Calvert Hall to provide educational opportunities to the immigrant church of Baltimore. Today, Calvert Hall reflects its core Lasallian values in its mission and practice. Calvert Hall is a diverse community offering an excellent academic program that stimulates and challenges a wide variety of students. Ethnic, socio-economic, and academic diversity are valued by the Hall, both in its enrollment practices and in its curricular and co-curricular programming. The faculty holds students to high standards of intellectual and moral development to encourage them to reach their full potential and to prepare themselves to face the challenges of the modern world. Teaching and learning in community is an essential element of Lasallian educational practice. The Brothers and their lay colleagues, "together and by association," foster an educational community where the expertise and input of each staff member is valued. Instructed by St. John Baptist de La Salle to act as brothers to one another and to the young men entrusted to their care, the Christian Brothers have communicated this approach to education to several generations of lay associates who now minister to the young men at Calvert Hall. The faculty and staff seek thereby to model to the students of Calvert Hall a community that promotes a brotherhood that endures beyond graduation. The school remains faithful to its commitments as an institution of the Roman Catholic Church. As St. La Salle envisioned, the school is a steward of that faith for every generation. Thus, campus ministry activities and service opportunities remain a key feature of Calvert Hall's Lasallian ministry, helping each student develop his relationship with God, his family and his peers. Calvert Hall focuses on the total person, preparing the student to appreciate his talents and share them with the wider community, particularly those most in need. To that end, Calvert Hall creates an environment that fosters mutual respect, thus enabling the student to make responsible decisions in the face of a wide array of professional and ethical choices. By focusing on academic excellence, diversity, community, mutual respect and brotherhood, Calvert Hall calls students to live their beliefs, develop their full potential, respect all life and actively pursue the self-discipline and community action which will bring spiritual, personal and academic goals to fruition.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Calvert Hall College High School cost?
Calvert Hall College High School's tuition is approximately $12,500 for private students.
What sports does Calvert Hall College High School offer?
Calvert Hall College High School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track and Wrestling. Calvert Hall College High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for most sports offered.
What is Calvert Hall College High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Calvert Hall College High School?
The application deadline for Calvert Hall College High School is Dec. 31.
Endorse Calvert Hall College High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards