School Of The Cathedral Mary Our Queen
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (410) 464-4100
Mission Statement:To foster our students` spiritual strength in the Catholic faith and to challenge them to achieve academic excellence.
Vision Statement: The School of the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen is a Catholic parish school that celebrates the rich historical traditions of the past, works collaboratively with parents to invest in the present, and builds for the future.
We offer students a rigorous, well-rounded education steeped in a Christ-centered environment to meet the challenges and leadership needs of an evolving world.
School Of The Cathedral Mary Our Queen places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||384 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,427|
|Tuition Notes||The School of the Cathedral offers a tuition discount to parishioners of Cathedral of Mary Our Queen. The parishioner rate is $10,687 per child.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Running Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- The School of the Cathedral, a Blue Ribbon School, offers a strong foundation in spiritual strength, academic excellence, and 21st-century learning. Located in the academic corridor of the Homeland/Roland Park area of Baltimore, Maryland, Cathedral educates students in kindergarten through eighth grade. Students begin their academic journey with a traditional Catholic education - developing their social skills, reading and writing principles, math and science. Beginning in third grade we reduce the educational scaffolding supporting the students as they grow in independence. Students complete their academic journey in middle school where they serve as leaders in the school as student ambassadors, liturgical leaders, mentors, and service project organizers. Cathedral students score in the top quartile percentage on national standardized tests. Our standards-based curriculum is developed using the guidelines from the Archdiocese of Baltimore, as well as additional resources to ensure our students` success.
- To enhance our students` education, technology is incorporated into every class. Every Middle School student receives a Chromebook, and every Lower School student has access to an iPad. Teachers use these tools, along with Google Classroom, to create a rigorous educational experience. A contemporary K-8 science lab, electronic whiteboards in every classroom, and some flexible seating options, and ensure our students are ready to meet the academic challenges they will face in high school.
- As a Catholic Parish School we attend to our students spiritual needs through weekly Liturgies, religion class, sacrament prep, and service projects. Our unique three-year social justice program in middle school is marked with a capstone project in 8th grade where students create a TED-style talk on a social justice and present it to the community. Faith is woven into every student`s education at the School of the Cathedral in a way that ensures students will "act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with your God," as they read from Micah 6:8 every day at the end of the announcements.
- Graduates of Cathedral have experienced a foundation of academic excellence and spiritual strength, to prepare them to meet the leadership needs of an evolving world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 1033 students
5407 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 323-3800 0.4 PK-12
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 1 NS-12
Amazing school. Could be more diverse and embrace individuality.
- Posted by Parent - mom
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.