At the theme culminating event for 'Celebrating Culture: We're All from Somehere,' families dine together on foods from cultures across the globe. Each family researched and brought a dish to share.
Our 8th grade students outside of Paul's Place. These students volunteer four times every year as part of our service learning program.
4th grade students preparing projects for our cultural theme, focusing on countries of Central America.
Sally Ride came to visit for Community Day. Students gathered in the gym to play a game and learn more about space travel!
Students traveled to the harbor for a field trip as part of our third theme; 'Stewardship and sustainability are key components to taking responsibility for the human impact on our plant.'
- The GreenMount School is a unique, progressive community-based learning experience.
- With rigorous, creative curricula students are taught through experiential learning in multi-age groupings by inspired, talented faculty.
- The school is AIMS accredited. Founded in 1993 as a parent cooperative, parent involvement is still a key component to the success of the GreenMount community. A GreenMount education encompasses grades kindergarten through 8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 2|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,050|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Ashley Inman|
- The GreenMount School is a unique, progressive community-based learning experience. With rigorous, creative curricula students are taught through experiential learning in multi-age groupings by inspired, talented faculty. The school is AIMS accredited. Founded in 1993 as a parent cooperative, parent involvement is still a key component to the success of the GreenMount community. A GreenMount education encompasses grades kindergarten through 8.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaltimoreGrades: PK-10 | 91 students
3006 W Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21215
BaltimoreGrades: PK-12 | 767 students
109 W Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
BaltimoreGrades: K-8 | 443 students
111 Amberly Way
Baltimore, MD 21210
BaltimoreGrades: 5-12 | 26 students
1214 N Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
BaltimoreGrades: NS-12 | 104 students
4100 Frankford Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21206
Greenmount has been a wonderful school for my 7th grader. He's gained so much confidence, the multi-disciplinary curriculum interests him and he understands the relevance of what he's learning in a way that keeps him engaged. Great community, excellent teaching, smart kids!
- Posted by Parent - abby.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.