The GreenMount School
5.00 (4 reviews)
The GreenMount School Photo #2 - At the theme culminating event for "Celebrating Culture: We're All from Somehere," families dine together on foods from cultures across the globe. Each family researched and brought a dish to share.
The GreenMount School Photo #3 - Our 8th grade students outside of Paul's Place. These students volunteer four times every year as part of our service learning program.
The GreenMount School Photo #4 - Nancy Patz came to visit our school and read to the 3rd grade class.
The GreenMount School Photo #5 - 4th grade students preparing projects for our cultural theme, focusing on countries of Central America.
- The GreenMount School is a unique, progressive community-based learning experience.
- With rigorous, creative curricula students are taught through experiential learning in multi-age groupings by inspired, talented faculty.
- The school is AIMS accredited. Founded in 1993 as a parent cooperative, parent involvement is still a key component to the success of the GreenMount community. A GreenMount education encompasses grades kindergarten through 8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Marsico|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Chinese Culture Club, Dance Club, Drama Productions, Flute Lessons, Guitar Lessons, Judo, Keyboarding, Spanish via The Language Project, Violin Lessons
Arts and Music Programs:
MICA Art Clu
- The GreenMount School is a unique, progressive community-based learning experience. With rigorous, creative curricula students are taught through experiential learning in multi-age groupings by inspired, talented faculty. The school is AIMS accredited. Founded in 1993 as a parent cooperative, parent involvement is still a key component to the success of the GreenMount community. A GreenMount education encompasses grades kindergarten through 8.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 767 students
109 W Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)323-8800 2.3 PK-12
- Baltimore Grades: 5-12 | 26 students
1214 N Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
(410)675-5539 2 5-12
From the first day of kindergarten, GreenMount has instilled a love of learning in my kids (now 7th and 8th grades) that seems endless and contagious. Tying core classes such as math, science, and language arts to different themes each trimester has been a fantastic way to get them to learn and get them excited to learn. I think they know more about art history, middle east politics, and America during the Revolutionary War than I do!
- Posted by Parent - Johns
We are wrapping up our first year at Greenmount. This school has been exactly what my Kindergartner needed in a primary school. The small class sizes, the individual attention each staff member pays to every student, and the focus on the whole child is unmatched. The community is very supportive, the teachers are well trained, and the kids are smart in general education and the real world application of everything they learn.
- Posted by Parent - Natalie P
As soon as we visited The Greenmount School, I knew it was where I wanted my child to go. Now that we are nearing the end of our first year, I can definitely say it was the perfect fit! From the small class sizes, to the amazing teachers and staff, and involved community of parents, we have had nothing but great experiences. Kindergarten at The Greenmount School is really about laying the groundwork for future learning and letting kids develop a love for learning, as well as confidence in the classroom. It has been an amazing process to watch my child (and her classmates) grow so much during this past year, but socially and academically. We can not wait to see what the next 8 years brings!
- Posted by Parent - Aly
Greenmount has been a wonderful school for my 7th grader. He's gained so much confidence, the multi-disciplinary curriculum interests him and he understands the relevance of what he's learning in a way that keeps him engaged. Great community, excellent teaching, smart kids!
- Posted by Parent - abby.
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.