- Baltimore Lab: a division of The Lab School of Washington located in the heart of historic Charles Village, uses the arts as a gateway for teaching other academics.
- Baltimore Lab School is an MSDE approved non-public school that serves students with moderate to severe learning disabilities, ages 6 to 18 in grades 1-12.
- The student/teacher ratio is low and each child receives an individualized teaching plan.
- The gifted teachers and administrators are trained in diagnostic-prescriptive teaching and intensive academic remediation.
- Our Clinical Related Services staff including Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Psychologists, provide integration of services.
- Students receive individualized reading, math, writing, spelling, and computer instruction daily.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for Lower School, Middle School, and High School. Please contact Admissions Department for more details.|
|Admissions Director||Annette Fallon|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Rock Climbing, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Cooking Club, Lego League Robotics Club, Rehearsal and Performance Ensemble, Visual Media Club Chess Club, Cooking Club, Lego League Robotics Club,
Rehearsal and Performance Ensemble,
Visual Media Club,
- Baltimore Lab School provides an exceptional academic experience for bright students (grades 1-12) with moderate-to-severe learning disabilities. Individualized instruction, experienced faculty, integrated related clinical services, a commitment to intellectual curiosity, and creative uses of technology define a Baltimore Lab School education. For students with ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences, art can be the gateway to learning. Our innovative arts-based curriculum is experiential and multi-sensory, helping young people overcome difficulties with reading, spelling, writing, and math, while preparing them for a rewarding range of college and career choices. Baltimore Lab School is a training site for interns from Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University, Towson University, Goucher College, and Maryland Institute College of Art. These students complete an internship under the supervision of Baltimore Lab School's excellent teaching staff. Baltimore Lab faculty members are invited to speak at local universities and professional conferences. Baltimore Lab School strives to educate each student with rigorous, yet non-traditional approach. In addition to core academics, visual arts, performing arts, and athletics, Baltimore Lab School fosters confidence, esteem, advocacy, and awareness of individual learning styles and talents.
People that viewed Baltimore Lab School also viewed these schools: Kennedy Krieger School, The Harbour School At Annapolis, Archbishop Curley High School, Jemicy School and Loyola Blakefield is a Catholic, college preparatoryLoyola Blakefield.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaltimoreGrades: K-9 | 111 students
1750 E Fairmount Ave
Baltimore, MD 21231
AnnapolisGrades: 1-12 | 170 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 560 students
3701 Sinclair Ln
Baltimore, MD 21213
Owings MillsGrades: 1-12 | 364 students
11 Celadon Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
TowsonGrades: 6-12 | 948 students
Po Box 6819 Charles St Chestnut Ave
Towson, MD 21285