Baltimore Lab School
Baltimore Lab School Photo #2 - A member of our Cheer Team, Mascot, and Head of School welcomes you to Baltimore Lab School! Request an Admissions Packet and take a tour of our innovative and rigorous school.
Baltimore Lab School Photo #3 - Small class sizes, individualized supports, and a warm and caring environment are keys to success for students with learning difficulties in grades 1-12.
Baltimore Lab School Photo #4 - Baltimore Lab School students explore the visual and performing arts, participate in outdoor education and athletics, and gain confidence, self-esteem, and self-awareness.
- Baltimore Lab School (BLS) provides an exceptional, college-preparatory education for bright students with learning disabilities in grades 1-12.
- Located in the heart of historic Charles Village, BLS uses the arts as a gateway for teaching other academics.
- BLS is an MSDE approved non-public school, an accredited independent school by Middle States, and a member of NAIS.
- Students thrive in small classes with an exceptionally low student-teacher ratio.
- The gifted teachers and administrators are trained in diagnostic-prescriptive teaching and intensive academic remediation.
- Fulltime, onsite specialists, include Reading Specialists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Psychologists.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for Lower School, Middle School, and High School. Please contact Admissions Department for more details.|
|Admissions Director||Annette Fallon|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Rock Climbing, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Cooking Club, Lego League Robotics Club, Rehearsal and Performance Ensemble, Visual Media Club|
Club or Organization:
In addition, many new clubs and after-school activists are offered each year.
- Baltimore Lab School provides an exceptional academic experience for bright students (grades 1-12) with moderate-to-severe learning disabilities. Individualized instruction, experienced faculty, integrated related clinical services, a commitment to intellectual curiosity, and creative uses of technology define a Baltimore Lab School education. For students with ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences, art can be the gateway to learning. Our innovative arts-based curriculum is experiential and multi-sensory, helping young people overcome difficulties with reading, spelling, writing, and math, while preparing them for a rewarding range of college and career choices. Baltimore Lab School is a training site for interns from Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University, Towson University, Goucher College, and Maryland Institute College of Art. These students complete an internship under the supervision of Baltimore Lab School's excellent teaching staff. Baltimore Lab faculty members are invited to speak at local universities and professional conferences. Baltimore Lab School strives to educate each student with rigorous, yet non-traditional approach. In addition to core academics, visual arts, performing arts, and athletics, Baltimore Lab School fosters confidence, esteem, advocacy, and awareness of individual learning styles and talents.
- People that viewed Baltimore Lab School also viewed these schools: Park School of Baltimore, Loyola Blakefield is a Catholic, college preparatoryLoyola Blakefield, Archbishop Curley High School, Friends School of Baltimore and Kennedy Krieger School: Fairmount Campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Towson Grades: 6-12 | 948 students
500 Chestnut Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410)823-0601 6 6-12
- Baltimore Grades: K-8 | 92 students
1750 E Fairmount Ave
Baltimore, MD 21231
(443)923-9100 2 K-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.