Baltimore Lab School
Tel: (410) 261-5500
Baltimore Lab School Photo #2 - A member of our Cheer Team, Mascot, and Head of School welcomes you to Baltimore Lab School! Request an Admissions Packet and take a tour of our innovative and rigorous school.
Baltimore Lab School Photo #3 - Small class sizes, individualized supports, and a warm and caring environment are keys to success for students with learning difficulties in grades 1-12.
Baltimore Lab School Photo #4 - Baltimore Lab School students explore the visual and performing arts, participate in outdoor education and athletics, and gain confidence, self-esteem, and self-awareness.
- Baltimore Lab School (BLS) provides an exceptional, college-preparatory education for bright students with learning disabilities in grades 1-12.
- Located in the heart of historic Charles Village, BLS uses the arts as a gateway for teaching other academics.
- BLS is an MSDE approved non-public school, an accredited independent school by Middle States, and a member of NAIS.
- Students thrive in small classes with an exceptionally low student-teacher ratio.
- The gifted teachers and administrators are trained in diagnostic-prescriptive teaching and intensive academic remediation.
- Fulltime, onsite specialists, include Reading Specialists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, and Psychologists.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for Lower School, Middle School, and High School. Please contact Admissions Department for more details.|
|Admissions Director||Annette Fallon|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Rock Climbing, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
Rock Climbing, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Cooking Club, Lego League Robotics Club, Rehearsal and Performance Ensemble, Visual Media Club|
Club or Organization:
In addition, many new clubs and after-school activists are offered each year.
- Baltimore Lab School provides an exceptional academic experience for bright students (grades 1-12) with moderate-to-severe learning disabilities. Individualized instruction, experienced faculty, integrated related clinical services, a commitment to intellectual curiosity, and creative uses of technology define a Baltimore Lab School education. For students with ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences, art can be the gateway to learning. Our innovative arts-based curriculum is experiential and multi-sensory, helping young people overcome difficulties with reading, spelling, writing, and math, while preparing them for a rewarding range of college and career choices. Baltimore Lab School is a training site for interns from Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University, Towson University, Goucher College, and Maryland Institute College of Art. These students complete an internship under the supervision of Baltimore Lab School's excellent teaching staff. Baltimore Lab faculty members are invited to speak at local universities and professional conferences. Baltimore Lab School strives to educate each student with rigorous, yet non-traditional approach. In addition to core academics, visual arts, performing arts, and athletics, Baltimore Lab School fosters confidence, esteem, advocacy, and awareness of individual learning styles and talents.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: 3-12 | 322 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 974-4248 21 3-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?