- Gateway School offers an inclusive child care and pre-school program for children with an without special needs, ages 2-5.
- For students in Kindergarten through Grade 6, the school offers a program of fully integrated special education and related services.
- Regardless of the age of the student, our program seeks to help each child reach his/her potential academically and socially and, when appropriate, promotes transition to a less restrictive or inclusive edcuational setting.
- Small classes are staffed with a special education teacher and one or more instructional assistants, providing a student-teacher ratio of 3:1.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Developmental Delay, Speech, Language and Hearing Impairment, Other Health Impairment|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- A multidisciplinary team addresses each child's unique profile of strengths and needs, and strives to work closely with parents in the development and implementation of the Individualized Education Program (IEP). Intensive speech/language therapy is provided both individually and in small groups within the classroom. Other related services offered include audiology, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling, social work, and psychological services. A half-day or full-day pre-school program for 2, 3 and 4 year olds emphasizes language development, social skills training, and school readiness. The full-day classes for 5 - 12 year olds provide a structured program geared to the development of language, academic skills and appropriate social behaviors. Emphasis is placed on expanding and refining language skills that, in turn, support social growth and academic progress.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaltimoreGrades: PK-12 | 816 students
5114 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21210
BaltimoreGrades: K-9 | 111 students
1750 E Fairmount Ave
Baltimore, MD 21231
BaltimoreGrades: 5-12 | 26 students
1214 N Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 82 students
334 Old Frederick Rd
Baltimore, MD 21229
BaltimoreGrades: PK-10 | 91 students
3006 W Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21215