Mother Seton Academy
- Mother Seton Academy is an all-scholarship, independent Catholic middle school dedicated to the education of boys and girls from low-income families in Baltimore.
- Through a rigorous academic environment and extended day program, the school provides a holistic education to at-risk students in order to prepare them for future success in high school, college, and the work force. Empowered by Gospel values rooted in the tradition of Catholic education, Mother Seton Academy, a tuition-free middle school for urban young men and women, educates in an intercultural environment those with the greatest economic need.
- Promoting dignity and respect for each person and all of creation, Mother Seton Academy challenges students to realize their God-given talents and become leaders who serve their families, communities, and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Call for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3|
|Tuition Notes||All accepted students earn a full scholarship|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kia Castille|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Clay Club, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Fitness Club, Homework Club, NFTE, Swim Club Clay Club, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Fitness Club, Homework Club, NFTE, Swim Club,|
- MSA seeks applicants, from all faith backgrounds, for admissions to enter the sixth grade each fall. All candidates must qualify financially for the federal Free and Reduced Meal Program (FARM). Applicants should demonstrate strong academic, attendance, and discipline records, plus the desire to excel in middle school at Mother Seton Academy, attend top high schools, and graduate from college. We are not able to accept students with an IEP or special education needs. Visit our admissions page.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BaltimoreGrades: K-12 | 1033 students
5407 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
- BaltimoreGrades: 6-8 | 90 students
300 E. Gittings St.
Baltimore, MD 21230
- BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 153 students
1201 N Rose Street
Baltimore, MD 21213
- BaltimoreGrades: 6-8 | 33 students
4915 Holder Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21214
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.