Mother Seton Academy
Tel: (410) 563-2833
- Mother Seton Academy is an all-scholarship, independent Catholic middle school dedicated to the education of boys and girls from low-income families in Baltimore.
- Through a rigorous academic environment and extended day program, the school provides a holistic education to at-risk students in order to prepare them for future success in high school, college, and the work force. Empowered by Gospel values rooted in the tradition of Catholic education, Mother Seton Academy, a tuition-free middle school for urban young men and women, educates in an intercultural environment those with the greatest economic need.
- Promoting dignity and respect for each person and all of creation, Mother Seton Academy challenges students to realize their God-given talents and become leaders who serve their families, communities, and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Call for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3 / Feb. 8|
|Tuition Notes||All accepted students earn a full scholarship|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kia Castille|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Dance Club, Fitness Club, Homework Club, NFTE, Photography Club, Swim Club
- MSA seeks applicants, from all faith backgrounds, for admissions to enter the sixth grade each fall. All candidates must qualify financially for the federal Free and Reduced Meal Program (FARM). Applicants should demonstrate strong academic, attendance, and discipline records, plus the desire to excel in middle school at Mother Seton Academy, attend top high schools, and graduate from college. We are not able to accept students with an IEP or special education needs. Visit our admissions page.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 1033 students
5407 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 323-3800 3.4 PK-12
- Baltimore Grades: 5-8 | 114 students
300 E. Gittings St.
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 539-8268 2.8 5-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.