St Ignatius Loyola Academy
Tel: (410) 539-8268
St Ignatius Loyola Academy Photo #3 - Students are preparing to hike the Appalachian Trail during our two-week overnight summer camp.
St Ignatius Loyola Academy Photo #4 - To better prepare our students for high school and the future, every classroom is equipped with technology including SmartBoards. All 7th and 8th grade students are assigned a Chromebook for daily use and 5th and 6th grade students use Ipads.
St Ignatius Loyola Academy Photo #5 - The Academy provides rigorous academics in a supportive and nurturing environment
St Ignatius Loyola Academy Photo #6 - Our Graduate Support Program staff guides students through the high school application process. The team follows each student through high school, providing support and programming including tutoring, college prep classes, SAT prep classes, college application and FAFSA guidance and college tours.
- Established in 1993, St. Ignatius Loyola Academy is a tuition-free, independent Jesuit Catholic school servings boys in grades 5-8 from underserved neighborhoods in Baltimore.
- We seek a diverse student body of young men who are motivated to work hard and are open to character development and personal growth.
- Over the school's history, 98% of our graduates have earned a high school diploma and 88% have immediately enrolled in college or other post-secondary education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||A June summer camp and July term are considered part of the school year.|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants, blue buttondown oxford shirt, maroon tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 21 / Apr. 21|
|Tuition Notes||We are a tuition-free, independent school for boys. Applicants must qualify for the Federal Free and Reduced Meal program.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||James Scott|
|Endowment Size||$15 million|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Admission is open to boys entering the 5th grade who are eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Meal program. Admission applicants must attend an Open House, complete an admissions application, and participate in a 3-week Saturday JumpStart program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 6.9 NS-12
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 1033 students
5407 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 323-3800 6.1 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.