International Connections Academy
- International Connections Academy (iNaCA) is a K12 online private school that students attend from home.
- At International Connections Academy, we strive in launching a lifetime of excellence for your student.
International Connections Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||907 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP United States Government and Politics, AP United States History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,880|
|Admissions Director||Bacari Lea|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
DimensionU Club, English National Honor Society, National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Social Studies National Honor Society, Soundbytes Communication Desk, STEM Club, Student Council
- Learning about online school starts with the school experience itself. We share a common goal with parents: to ensure that students become productive, successful, and confident adults. Through our full-time virtual school, individual courses, or summer school programs, International Connections Academy helps online students build on their unique strengths and interests in a setting that is both safe and connected to a larger community of global learners. Below are a few of the driving forces behind our proven approach to learning:
- OUTSTANDING CURRICULUM At iNaCA, online private school students receive a great online education at an affordable price. Our virtual school courses meet or exceed U.S. standards, as well as those set by leading educational organizations. They integrate the best texts, materials, and resources available to create a curriculum that keeps students engaged in new and creative ways. And our exclusive College Acceleration Program enables students to earn college credits and reduce college tuition costs. Learn more about Advanced Placement, Career Technical Education, Honors Classes, and NCAA eligible courses.
- EXCEPTIONAL TEACHERS Caring, professional teachers are the foundation of the International Connections Academy experience. They are talented, passionate, certified, and specially trained to excel in online teaching. Teachers from all across the United States are drawn to our virtual school because they care about kids and believe that personalized one-on-one instruction really works.
- INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION Every virtual k12 private school student has unique abilities, and all students perform better when they receive individual attention in a nurturing learning environment. These guiding principles are the foundation of iNaCAs Personalized Performance Learning approach. Using this method, teachers get to know a students learning style, skills, and interests so they can customize instruction to provide the student the best opportunity to excel. This approach also allows students to accelerate learning in areas of strength or receive extra attention in areas of weakness.
- PARENT-SUPPORTED LEARNING When parents take an active role in education, online students prosper. As Learning Coaches, parents have the opportunity to be closely involved in their childrens daily education. Theyre able to see real progress every day and work with dedicated teachers to keep their students on track. Parents say this involvement is one of the most gratifying aspects of the online school program.
- EASY-TO-USE TECHNOLOGY International Connections Academys user-friendly system, Connexus, lets online school students access a welcoming and collaborative learning experience anywhere they have an Internet connection. Parents love how easy it is to schedule lessons and access grades, too!
- SOCIALIZATION, COMMUNITY, and FRIENDSHIPS Learning online doesnt mean learning alone. Even in a virtual setting, students meet regularly in online LiveLesson sessions and have opportunities to share ideas, compare experiences, and have fun learning together. Our nearly 25 clubs and activities encourage students to pursue their interests, sharpen their skills, and meet new friends. And the scheduling flexibility of the program enables virtual private students to pursue and explore other extracurricular activities in their own communities!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 312-7413 17.2 NS-8