Arts & Ideas Sudbury School
Tel: (410) 426-0001
Arts & Ideas Sudbury School Photo #4 - Kids take as long as they like to pursue what interests them.
- Arts Ideas Sudbury School is based on a philosophy of education first pioneered by the Sudbury Valley School in 1968 and now operating in more than 30 schools worldwide.
- We believe that children are the most motivated learners around and that learning happens as a glorious by product of being human.
- Learning happens in an environment that is challenging, supportive and attuned to the idiosyncratic leaps and meanders of authentic exploration.
- Facts, dates, formulas and skills stick when there is interest and ownership.
- We recognize a wide variety of paths to knowing and learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,925|
|Tuition Notes||We offer payment plans. There is an additional Parent Equity Program that is a required financial obligation of the school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Caroline Chavasse|
|Admissions Associate||James Taylor|
- The admissions process requires each family to research the
Sudbury model of education. Coming to an Open House is strongly
encouraged. Open Houses are generally are offered once a month
during the school year and are listed on our website. A family
interview ($40) is required. The admissions clerks will answer each
family's specific questions and go into depth about how the school
works. After the interview, a student is required to do a full
Visiting Week ($125) before enrolling.
Arts & Ideas Sudbury School is a unique educational program based on the Sudbury model which has had successfull outcomes for children in the U.S. for fifty years. A defining feature of the school is the responsibility and freedom afforded to children who are put in charge of their education. The school community is resource-rich, challenging and supportive. The school simply sees children as human beings worthy of the rights and autonomy given to adults. To enroll, children must be able to keep themselves and others safe, and to willingly join in the A&I community as a contributing member.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: 1-8 | 61 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
(410) 488-8963 1.4 1-8
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 4.4 NS-12
- Baltimore Grades: 3-12 | 12 students
300 Dumbarton Rd
Baltimore, MD 21212
(410) 337-8519 3.7 3-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.