- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 3-12
- Students: 690 students
- Yearly Tuition: $46,270
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 14
- Staying active with athletics - 09/30/2020Our athletics program during distance learning is on campus, socially distanced, and in small groups following safety guidelines.
- Week in Review #3 - 09/30/2020From music to athletics to academics and encouraging messages, our Bears had another week filled with creativity!
- Students receive academic honors - 09/01/2020Seven Landon Upper School students received academic honors in September 2020. Kyle Radimer `21 has been named a National Merit Scholar semifinalist as a part of the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Kyle is one of 16-thousand semifinalists from around the country.The National Merit Scholarship program honors students who display the potential for excellence in their college studies. To be chosen as a Merit Scholar, Kyle will be evaluated on standardized test scores, academic work, extracurricular activities, a letter of recommendation, and a personal essay.Additionally, USA Water Polo has announced that varsity water polo student-athletes Charlie Alberino `22, Spencer Durbin `22, Logan Kalish `21, Jordan Rose `21, Pierce Ryan `22 and Christian Thomas `21 have been named as Academic All-Americans award winners for the 2019-20 school year. In individual emails notifying the students, USA Water Polo wrote, "We are proud to acknowledge your hard work and dedication in the pool and in the classroom."
- Week in Review #2 - 09/01/2020In our latest week in review, the senior class learned about their legacy as leaders of the student body, students focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and chemistry students designed virtual lockers to introduce themselves to classmates.
- Week in Review #1 - 09/01/2020Landon Bears started this week with virtual Convocation and on Wednesday small groups of students spent time on campus getting to know their peers, learning about college counseling, and talking about growth mindset in Advisory.
- Orientation Week 2020 - 08/26/2020During our week of small group on campus orientation, Landon Bears went on socially distant tours of campus, learned about the Landon Code of Character, and safely played games to get to know their peers.
Click here to view our video to get an inside look at Orientation Week 2020.
- Neighbors say "thank you" to Dr. Fauci - 08/07/2020he Washington Post reported on the efforts of the Bergstrom family to recognize their neighbor, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.Landon parent Ida Bergstrom came up with the idea to sell "Thank you Dr. Fauci" yard signs after a neighbor asked about the one she had created and placed in her yard. Every other day, her sons (both Landon students) collect a list of addresses from their mother, fill their backpacks with signs, and crisscross the neighborhood to fulfill orders. They install the signs in the ground themselves, placing them near other lawn signs or strategically positioning them to face an intersection where drivers are likely to see them.The Bergstroms have sold nearly 200 signs. The initiative also has spread far beyond the neighborhood. Ida Bergstrom says, thanks to this endeavor, they have donated around $2,500 to Life Pieces to Masterpieces, an organization that, though art, helps African-American boys transform their lives and communities.You can find the full article here.
Landon School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
Academics and Faculty
(Jacket and Tie)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ally Council, Bad Movie Club, Black Student Union, Community Service Club, Debate Team, Honor Council, Investments Club, Model UN, Sports Analytics Club, STEM, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Choral Groups, Drawing, Instrumental Music, Jazz Ensemble, Mixed Media Art, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Studio Arts, Theater Arts, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fencing, Rugby, Street Hockey, Ultimate Frisbee
- Landon is an all-boys day school for grades 3-12 located on a 75-acre campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Landon is built for boys. We want each student to bring his energy, goodness, ideas, humor, creativity, curiosity and intensity to every class, performance, project, and practice. The men and women of Landon who will be his teachers, coaches, mentors, and friends will challenge him to bring it. This commitment to him is why Landon stands as a national leader in boys` college preparatory education. At every level, he will be challenged by expert teachers, advanced curricula, and high-minded expectations-all to prepare him for collegiate and lifelong success.
Endorse Landon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards