- "Achieve Excellence Through Balance" is more than a slogan at Bullis School.
- On a picturesque 102-acre campus in Potomac, Maryland, Bullis has 845 students in grades K-12 and offers a college preparatory program that balances academics, arts and academics.
- With a core curriculum enhanced with signature programs in STEM, Entrepreneurship, Humanities and Global Studies, and Visual and Performing Arts, Bullis also offers extra-curricular activities that nurture creativity, leadership resourcefulness, astute thinking, community service, and teamwork and collaboration. Students learn and grow, discover academic and extra-curricular passions, value community, develop lifelong skills and are happier and more confident because of the balance we provide.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||777 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||128 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Tuition Notes||See website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tim Simpson|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
What else makes Bullis special
- - Teachers who bring technology and new methodologies into the classroom to make learning engaging.
- - Projects that teach collaboration and problem-solving in real-world applications.
- - A community that gains strength from and takes pride in its diversity.
- - Visual and performing arts that ignite the imagination of our students, whether they are new to the arts or elevating their talent to new levels.
- - Athletic programs that win championships yet overall value teamwork, pride and humility.
- - Opportunities for students to find what interests them and create their own path to develop it.
- Please visit our website to learn more and schedule a time to visit our campus and meet with students and our admission professionals. We look forward to introducing you to our Bullis community!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202)537-6900 6.2 PK-12
- Bethesda Grades: 3-12 | 655 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)320-3200 4.8 3-12
- Olney Grades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
(240)283-3367 11.4 9-12
- Rockville Grades: 9-12 | 496 students
10900 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)214-1215 5.1 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.