"Achieve Excellence Through Balance" is more than a slogan at Bullis School.
Bullis is an independent private, co-ed college preparatory day school for students in kindergarten through grade 12. We are situated on a stunning 102-acre campus in Potomac, Maryland just outside Washington, D.C.
With a core curriculum enhanced with signature programs in STEM, Entrepreneurship, Humanities and Global Studies, and Visual and Performing Arts, Bullis also offers extra-curricular activities that nurture creativity, leadership resourcefulness, astute thinking, community service, and teamwork and collaboration. Students learn and grow, discover academic and extra-curricular passions, value community, develop lifelong skills, and are happier and more confident because of the balance we provide.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||837 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||117 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
|Admissions Director||Matt Trammell|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Kayaking,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
What else makes Bullis special
- Teachers who bring technology and new methodologies into the classroom to make learning engaging.
- Projects that teach collaboration and problem-solving in real-world applications.
- A community that gains strength from and takes pride in its diversity.
- Visual and performing arts that ignite the imagination of our students, whether they are new to the arts or elevating their talent to new levels.
- Athletic programs that win championships yet overall value teamwork, pride, and humility.
- Opportunities for students to find what interests them and create their own path to develop it.
- Please visit our website to learn more and schedule a time to visit our campus and meet with students and our admission professionals. We look forward to introducing you to our Bullis community!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1148 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-8111 9.2 PK-12
- Olney Grades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
(240) 283-3367 11.4 9-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.