"Achieve Excellence Through Balance" is more than a slogan at Bullis School.
Bullis is an independent private, co-ed college preparatory day school for students in kindergarten through grade 12. We are situated on a stunning 102-acre campus in Potomac, Maryland just outside Washington, D.C.
With a core curriculum enhanced with signature programs in STEM, Entrepreneurship, Humanities and Global Studies, and Visual and Performing Arts, Bullis also offers extra-curricular activities that nurture creativity, leadership resourcefulness, astute thinking, community service, and teamwork and collaboration. Students learn and grow, discover academic and extra-curricular passions, value community, develop lifelong skills, and are happier and more confident because of the balance we provide.
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 837 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 21 / rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 37%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 21 / rolling
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
What else makes Bullis special
- Teachers who bring technology and new methodologies into the classroom to make learning engaging.
- Projects that teach collaboration and problem-solving in real-world applications.
- A community that gains strength from and takes pride in its diversity.
- Visual and performing arts that ignite the imagination of our students, whether they are new to the arts or elevating their talent to new levels.
- Athletic programs that win championships yet overall value teamwork, pride, and humility.
- Opportunities for students to find what interests them and create their own path to develop it.
- Please visit our website to learn more and schedule a time to visit our campus and meet with students and our admission professionals. We look forward to introducing you to our Bullis community!
Profile last updated: 02/09/2021
Endorse Bullis School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?