- "Achieve Excellence Through Balance" is more than a slogan at Bullis School.
- On a picturesque 102-acre campus in Potomac, Maryland, Bullis has 845 students in grades K-12 and offers a college preparatory program that balances academics, arts and academics.
- With a core curriculum enhanced with signature programs in STEM, Entrepreneurship, Humanities and Global Studies, and Visual and Performing Arts, Bullis also offers extra-curricular activities that nurture creativity, leadership resourcefulness, astute thinking, community service, and teamwork and collaboration. Students learn and grow, discover academic and extra-curricular passions, value community, develop lifelong skills and are happier and more confident because of the balance we provide.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||777 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||128 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6|
|Tuition Notes||See website|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tim Simpson|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- - Teachers who bring technology and new methodologies into the classroom to make learning engaging.
- - Projects that teach collaboration and problem-solving in real-world applications.
- - A community that gains strength from and takes pride in its diversity.
- - Visual and performing arts that ignite the imagination of our students, whether they are new to the arts or elevating their talent to new levels.
- - Athletic programs that win championships yet overall value teamwork, pride and humility.
- - Opportunities for students to find what interests them and create their own path to develop it.
- Please visit our website to learn more and schedule a time to visit our campus and meet with students and our admission professionals. We look forward to introducing you to our Bullis community!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202)537-6900 6.2 PK-12
- Bethesda Grades: 3-12 | 655 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)320-3200 4.8 3-12
- Rockville Grades: 9-12 | 496 students
10900 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)214-1215 5.1 9-12