- McLean is a K-12 independent, co-ed school, preparing students for college and successful careers.
- McLean makes education accessible, stimulating and meaningful to a broad range of students.
- We are the only school that teaches to each students' individual learning style.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Mild to Moderate Learning Challenges, Executive Functioning, and Anxiety|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1130|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lower & Middle School: uniform; Upper School: casual dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||$25000 - $45000 depending on grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Patterson|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Merten|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Activities Committee, Brain Teasers, Discipline Committee, Dress Code, Environmental Awareness, Equity Board, Faculty/Student Wellness Committee, Film, Honor Committee, Music, Prom, Service League, Sounding Board, Spirit Committee, Student Climate Committee, Student Government Association, Ultimate Frisbee|
- McLean School is proud to provide: An innovative approach to instruction that embraces each students' preferred learning style. A Student Learning Profile developed for each child to inform instructional practice. A team of educational specialists to otimize the growth and development of each child. A wide range of extracurricular opportunities including athletics, fine arts, outdoor education and community service opportunities. An educational environment that instills confidence in students as learners and individuals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PotomacGrades: K-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
- RockvilleGrades: NS-8 | 299 students
11701 Danville Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
- BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 685 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.