St. Andrew's Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Andrew`s Episcopal School endeavors to provide a comprehensive co-educational college preparatory program for preschool through twelfth grade in an inclusive environment that embodies the faith and perspective of the Episcopal Church.
- The school seeks a broadly diverse community to promote educational excellence.
- St. Andrew`s programs are designed to serve students of varied interests and abilities capable of achievement in a challenging academic environment.
- To create such an environment, St. Andrew`s supports a dedicated faculty and administration who respect and appreciate students.
- St. Andrew`s strives to challenge and support all of its students in a balanced program to nurture their academic, artistic, athletic, and spiritual growth.
- The school believes that developing each individual`s intellect, character, and sense of self-worth encourages each to live a creative and compassionate life.
- Because St. Andrew`s values the benefits of community, the school encourages students to lead lives of responsibility to each other and to the larger community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||569 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No jeans or sweatpants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $16990 (Pre-school) to $40650(12th grade)|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Shambaugh|
|Admissions Associate||Aileen Moodie|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- The mission of St. Andrew's Episcopal School is to know and inspire each child in an inclusive community dedicated to exceptional teaching, learning, and service.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PotomacGrades: K-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
- BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
- PotomacGrades: 3-12 | 474 students
10400 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
- BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Great school, healthy emphasis on academics and emotional well being. Great quality teachers
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Conce
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.