- St. Andrew`s Episcopal School endeavors to provide a comprehensive co-educational college preparatory program for preschool through twelfth grade in an inclusive environment that embodies the faith and perspective of the Episcopal Church.
- The school seeks a broadly diverse community to promote educational excellence.
- St. Andrew`s programs are designed to serve students of varied interests and abilities capable of achievement in a challenging academic environment.
- To create such an environment, St. Andrew`s supports a dedicated faculty and administration who respect and appreciate students.
- St. Andrew`s strives to challenge and support all of its students in a balanced program to nurture their academic, artistic, athletic, and spiritual growth.
- The school believes that developing each individual`s intellect, character, and sense of self-worth encourages each to live a creative and compassionate life.
- Because St. Andrew`s values the benefits of community, the school encourages students to lead lives of responsibility to each other and to the larger community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||498 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No jeans or sweatpants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8990 to $35990|
|Admissions Director||Julie Jameson|
|Admissions Associate||Aileen Moodie|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- The mission of St. Andrew's Episcopal School is to know and inspire each child in an inclusive community dedicated to exceptional teaching, learning, and service.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PotomacGrades: 2-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
PotomacGrades: 3-12 | 474 students
10400 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
Great school, healthy emphasis on academics and emotional well being. Great quality teachers
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Conce
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.