St. Andrew's Episcopal School
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||644 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No jeans or sweatpants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $21990 (Pre-school) to $43275 (Grades 9-12)|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Shambaugh|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 40 different student clubs
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School is a private, coeducational college preparatory day school for students in preschool (Age 2) through grade 12, located in Potomac.
- From the youngest ages, our students are engaged in design thinking, leadership development, and learning to powerfully express their ideas.
- St. Andrew`s is home to the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning, where our faculty work with university researchers to discover how they can integrate current research into classroom practice and challenge our high-achieving students to achieve their full potential.
- As an Episcopal school, we embrace the diversity of our students, teachers and families.Most of all, what you will see at St. Andrew`s is that our students are happy. Our students are known, they are inspired by our excellent faculty, they are challenged and embraced in our inclusive community dedicated to exceptional teaching, learning, and service.
- We look forward to getting to know you and your child, and invite you to visit St. Andrew`s.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-12 | 837 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 299-8500 1.9 K-12
- Potomac Grades: 3-12 | 536 students
10400 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 365-4300 1.6 3-12
Great school, healthy emphasis on academics and emotional well being. Great quality teachers
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Conce
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.