The Heights School
- The Heights School is a private, independent, preparatory school for boys, grades three to twelve.
- The school assists parents in the intellectual, moral, physical, and spiritual education of their sons.
- Dedicated teachers impart rigorous academic training in all the major areas of the liberal arts.
- Formation in virtue fosters respect for every person, a desire to serve God and others, and an optimistic attitude towards life's challenges.
- The school's Christian orientation and spiritual formation are entrusted to Opus Dei, a Personal Prelature of the Catholic Church.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||536 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: NS-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301)299-8500 2.2 NS-12
- Bethesda Grades: 3-12 | 655 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)320-3200 3.2 3-12
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202)537-6900 4.4 PK-12
- Sandy Spring Grades: PK-12 | 603 students
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
(301)774-7455 10.1 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.