Georgetown Preparatory School
Tel: (301) 214-1215
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #2 - 100% of our graduates go to four year colleges or universities. The top acceptances in the last three years are: Georgetown, Notre Dame, Boston College, University of Virginia, and Univsersity of Pennsylvania. We also send young men to Harvard, Cornell, Yale, Princeton, Vanderbilt, and Duke. Nearly $2 million in merit scholarships was awarded to our graduating class last year.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #3 - Small classes averaging 16 students, and a student to teacher ratio of 8:1 provides personal attention that encourages success. Our young men also create and maintain strong bonds with our faculty through personal interaction outside of the classroom.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #4 - Our students excel at a high level in 16 interscholastic sports programs. As a Jesuit school, we believe in the development of the whole person. Athletics help our students develop team work, leadership, and self confidence.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo #5 - Our students are encourage to pursue their talents in every aspect of life. Our athletes are world class musicians. Our artists are retreat leaders and top debaters. You can try out our recording studio or act in the Figge Theater. The Georgetown Prep graduate is well rounded and open to growth in many areas.
Georgetown Preparatory School, one of the oldest boys' schools in America is the only Jesuit boarding school in the country.
The average graduate takes 5 A.P. courses with 90% of scores qualifying for college credit.
97% of the boys play interscholastic sports. The school's interscholastic athletic, forensics and fine arts programs enjoy national recognition.
Our Mission is to form men of competence, conscience, courage and compassion, men of faith, men for others. Learn more at www.iamahoya.org.
Georgetown Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
Institute for Independent Education
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||496 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants, tie, dress shirt, jacket, dress shoes.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,330|
|Tuition Notes||Includes hot lunch.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brett Graham|
|Admissions Associate||Robert J Begin|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arrupe Society (Service), Asian Pacific Club, Black Student Union, Booster Club, Dramatics Society, Enviromental Action Club, Forensics Club, International Relations Club, Intramurals, Model UN Model OAS Delegations, National Honor Society, Oasis Music Club, Physics Club, Political Review (Editorial Magazine), Prep Singers, Somos Amigos (Service), Spanish Club, Speech and Debate, Student Alumni Association, Student Government, The Blue and Gray (Literary Magazine), The Cupola (Yearbook), The Little Hoya (Newspaper)|
- Georgetown Prep is located in a suburban setting near the National Institutes of Health and the Bethesda Naval Medical Center. Conveniently positioned across from the Grosvenor Station of the Washington Metro's Red Line, students from all over the metro area attend our school.
- Prep alumni include Brian Cashman '85 (General Manager - New York Yankees), Former Senator Christopher Dodd '62 (United States Senator), A.J. Wood '91 (U.S. National Soccer Player and former Olympian), Mo Rocca '87 (Comedian, formerly of the The Daily Show), William Bidwill '49 (Owner - NFL's Arizona Cardinals) and many other successful graduates. Prep families also include the Kennedys and the family of George Washington.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-12 | 837 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 299-8500 5.1 K-12
- Olney Grades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
(240) 283-3367 7.9 9-12
- Rockville Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 770-5335 1.1 6-12
- Washington Grades: 4-12 | 576 students
Mount St Alban
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-6440 7.6 4-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.