8th grade field trip to Assateague Island. Middle School and Lower School take end of the the year camping field trips with their homeroom classes.
Brookewood partners with its brother school, Avalon, to produce and perform a play each year. Past productions include Twelfth Night, A Shakespeare Scene Night, The Servant of Two Masters, and The Three Musketeers among others.
Brookewood's house system consists of four houses--Arundel, Bourbon, Custis, and Darnell--that students are placed into. These houses have friendly competition in festivals throughout the year.
Brookewood offers competitive sports in Field Hockey, Basketball, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Soccer and Swimming.
- Brookewood School is an independent school for girls located in Kensington, Maryland.
- More than that, we are a community of families and educators who believe in helping our daughters become young women.
- At Brookewood School, we believe that our school should help parents form their daughters into young women who are educated, cultured, pious, cheerful, adventurous, and generous. We live this philosophy heart, soul, mind, and strength.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Italian Language and Culture, AP US Government, AP US History,|
|Average SAT score||1420|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||$14,500 Grades 9-12 $13,500 Grades 6-8 $12,000 grades 3-5 $8,000 Grades 1-2 Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Helen Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Yearbook Committee, Model UN, Art Club Model UN, Art Club, Yearbook Committee,
- Brookewood School is an independent school for girls located in Kensington, Maryland. More than that, we are a community of families and educators who believe in helping our daughters become young women. At Brookewood School, we believe that our school should help parents form their daughters into young women who are educated, cultured, pious, cheerful, adventurous, and generous. We live this philosophy heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
PotomacGrades: 2-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
Very good school, change my daughter life. Rigorous academically and very friendly environment. The girls have a bond between them. I don't regret it sending my daughter there it is the best investment.
- Posted by Parent - chiqu
strong academics, builds confident and cheerful well educated women, small class sizes.
- Posted by Administrator - tarab
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.