- Founded in 1901, Holton-Arms is a college-preparatory school for girls grades 3-12 dedicated to the "education not only of the mind, but of the soul and spirit." The mission of the Holton-Arms School is to cultivate the unique potential of young women.
- The School provides rigorous and dynamic programs in the traditional academic areas, the fine and performing arts, and athletics.
- Here, young women of diverse backgrounds can take risks, learn from mistakes, pursue opportunities for leadership, and build lifelong friendships.
- Holton-Arms is a vibrant community that values consistency and order as well as creativity and freedom.
- We seek to develop personal integrity and the sense of responsibility that help young women to make wise and ethical choices.
- We work to build the values of respect, compassion, and service to others, within the School and in the larger community.
- We believe that with intellectual curiosity, self-reliance, tenacity of purpose, and commitment to others, Holton women will make a difference in a complex and changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||664 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$40,150|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sharron Rodgers|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 744 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301)657-4322 3 NS-12
Holton-Arms is an excellent all-girls college-preparatory school with a superb faculty, a diverse and dynamic student body, and and cutting-edge technology program with a balanced use of traditional methods of teaching with the latest in educational technology tools. Holton girls endure the academic rigor because they are high caliber students who strive for their best. They are supported by the Holton faculty and community in ways that allow their intellectual curiosity to grow and flourish. This is a warm and supportive community that celebrates all the girls'' success and supports them to learn from their mistakes. It is a place where even the quiet, more introverted girls can shine and feel safe to take risks and be challenged. This is how a girl's school education should be.
- Posted by Parent - vonyo