- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 3-12
- Yearly Tuition: $52,970
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 10
- Source: Verified school update
Holton-arms School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- School and Community: Founded in 1901by Jessie Moon Holton and Carolyn Hough Arms, the Holton-Arms School is an independent college preparatory day school for girls, grades 3 through 12, located in a suburb of Washington, D.C. The School admits students with strong academic interests and abilities who wish to engage with and contribute to the life of the School community.
- Mission Statement: The mission of the Holton-Arms School is to cultivate the unique potential of young women through the "education not only of the mind, but of the soul and spirit."
- Approach and Philosophy: Learn Well, Live Well, Lead Well (LW3) is a comprehensive, multi-dimensional philosophy of education.To cultivate the unique potential of students to become change agents, we believe their education needs to be one in which they are given the tools to learn well, live well, and lead well. Programmatically, LW3 is the framework for building Holton's curriculum. It allows us to stretch the work we do with students beyond traditional academics and builds essential competencies needed for future leaders.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Holton-arms School cost?
What sports does Holton-arms School offer?
What is Holton-arms School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Holton-arms School?
Endorse Holton-arms School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards