The Primary Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 365-4355
- The school's rich and varied curriculum cultivates a love of learning and a strong personal and academic foundation in every child.
- Assemblies and class performances augment the strong arts program and develop poise and confidence in public speaking.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for the 2020--2021 School Year is between $24,900-$29,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy van den Beemt|
|Admissions Associate||Alison Collins|
- The Primary Day School in Bethesda, Maryland, is a school for boys and girls from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2. Wearetheonly school in the area that focuses exclusively on children in this unique age group, and we do so for a very important reason.These are the most crucial learning years in children`s lives, a time when they are bursting with potential, ready for quantum leapsof development. At Primary Day, everything we do focuses on helping young children flourish-as learners and as people-during this vitally important time of life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: NS-8 | 195 students
7500 Pearl Street
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 654-5376 3.1 NS-8
- Bethesda Grades: NS-8 | 168 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 229-5586 0.5 NS-8
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202) 537-6900 2.6 PK-12
You should consider Primary Day if you want to ensure your child has an excellent foundation for reading and math. All students have Spanish, French, and Chinese, along with STEM, music, art, PE, and recess twice a day. There are many opportunities for learning outdoors and a school garden that the students participate in maintaining. The school knows how to make learning joyful, fun, and hands-on. Regular movement is incorporated throughout the day. Teachers work with your child at their individual level and provide differentiation as needed. Class sizes range between 12-18 and there are 2 lead teachers for both Pre-K and Kindergarten. The HOS knows every child and family by name. The environment is warm and nurturing as social-emotional learning is incorporated into daily classroom activities. We are thrilled with how much our child loves going to school.
- Posted by Parent - HappyPDSParent
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.