Annunciation Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (202) 362-1408
- Annunciation School, celebrating national and cultural diversity, provides an atmosphere that fosters spiritual development and strong academic achievement for students in Grades PK-3 through 8th Grade.
- The school curriculum includes Religion, Reading/Literature, Phonics/Language Arts, Math/Pre-Alegebra/Algebra, Social Studies/History, Science, Art, Music, Computers, Spanish (All grades), Physical Education, Library and Social Justice (Middle School Grades 6 through 8)..
Annunciation Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 46%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition discounts for 2nd and 3rd + siblings|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,857|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristina Veirs|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Crafts, Dance, Debate, Entepreneurs Club, Gardening, Lego Club, Soccer, Stem
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band
- 1. Each applicant needs to complete an online application http://mytads.com/a/annunciationdc 2. Grades and teacher recommendations must accompany application 3. Applicants are required to complete a "shadow" visit
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: 1-8 | 152 students
1421 V Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20009
(202) 667-2608 2.5 1-8
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-8100 0.6 PK-12
My children will complete one year in pre-K and 1st grade this month, and we are moving after that. So this will be their only year at Annunciation. When we moved to DC and read the reviews on this and another site, we became a bit reluctant to send them there. But because it was located very nearby, we decided to enroll our kids after we did a tour of the school and the administrators addressed our concerns. I can only say positive things about the school. Miss Morais, the pre-K teacher, was great with our child and went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us when we had to get by with only one parent for a brief period. Miss Goldberg-Leard, the 1st grade teacher, was also superb. She was very professional, communicated about the lesson plans ahead of time, and was also willing to discuss our child's progress on the phone when we had questions. Moreover, our children spoke very affectionately about both teachers, and thoroughly enjoyed being in their classes. The only other staff members that I had a chance to meet were Miss Kay and the Principal, Nathaniel Juarez. Both were extremely helpful and professional, and I had only good experiences with both. I can recommend ACS without reservation.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.