Georgetown Day School
- GDS is a school where students love to learn, and learn to change the world.Georgetown Day School is a coed, preK-12, non-sectarian private school in Washington, DC with small class sizes and a diverse school community.
- Our comprehensive, innovative curriculum includes hands-on learning, honors and AP classes, as well as advanced-level math and STEM courses.
- An education is not just college prep and SAT scores. GDS teachers focus on providing the best education for each child, from elementary grades through high school.
- The school performing arts program includes theater, dance, and music.
- The athletics program offers competitive sports for student athletes, including cross-country, track, soccer, lacrosse, and crew/rowing.
- With our strong commitment to financial aid, an independent school tuition is affordable.
Georgetown Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1,050 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Informal for all community members)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,170|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $37,170 to $43,370.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$25,000|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Eghan|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle McKeever|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Martial Arts, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Augur Bit student newspaper, Boys Leading Boys, Debate Team, Feminist Reading Group, Future Entrepreneurs, Gender & Sexuality Alliance (GSA), It's Academic!, More than 100 clubs at the High School, Students of Color
Arts and Music Programs:
A GDS Student Will ...
- Build networks and collaborate across difference
- Innovate and create
- Take risks, tolerate failure, and learn from failure
- Think critically
- Communicate clearly and powerfully
- Tackle complex problems
- Learn actively and resourcefully
- Engage as a just, moral, ethical citizen
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1153 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202)537-8100 1 PK-12
- Washington Grades: NS-12 | 899 students
3100 Macomb Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202)243-1800 1.7 NS-12
- Washington Grades: NS-12
2001 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20007
(202)829-3700 2.5 NS-12
GDS is a wonderful, diverse, and nurturing school that fosters learning, relationships, respect, dedication, questioning, analysis, and all types of beneficial student participation. I don't understand what the prior reviewer's criticism about "working at a real job" has to do with a review of a pre-K through 12 educational institution.
- Posted by Parent - Nancy
Perfect for hot house little flowers who wish to perpetuate the inequities of life in America. Entitlement, expectation...most would benefit from working at a real job.
- Posted by Parent - john