British International School Of Washington
- At Washington's most international school, your child will be uniquely valued and receive truly personalized learning, achieving more than they ever dreamed possible.
- The Nord Anglia Education Global Campus unites BISW students with over 32,000 peers from 41 schools across 15 different countries every day. The Global Campus gives your child the opportunity to become a truly global citizen
- Students benefit from an academic programme based on a unique combination of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) ,the highly respected International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP), the Juilliard-Nord Anglia Performing Arts Program, and the MIT-Nord Anglia collaboration.
- The combination of these distinctive curricula provides a challenging, international college preparatory programme of study which aims to equip every student with the essential skills for lifelong learning and for entry into universities in the US, UK, and worldwide.
British International School Of Washington places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Clarke|
|Admissions Associate||Tim Myers|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Paddle Tennis, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Football, Paddle Tennis,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||'Cinema francais', 'The herd' - Music Appreciation Club, 3D Computer Aided Design Club, Art Club, Ball Games, Cantus Britannicus - Boys' Choir, Card Making, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Craft Club, Environmental Club, Geography Bee, Girls' Choir, Junior Choir, Latin Club, Mathematics Club, Model UN, Music Theory, Origami, Rag Rug, Recycle Art, Sign Language for Beginners, Student Council, Touch Typing Skills|
- An open, caring and supportive learning community for children and young people from 3-19 years.
- A dynamic school where the combination of outstanding teachers and small classes ensures continuing progress for every student.
- An inspiring school where a challenging curriculum equips each and every learner with the enthusiasm, skills, and knowledge needed on the pathway to success.
- A culturally diverse school in America where the British and international perspectives create an inclusive and unique atmosphere.
- A successful school where graduates have the widest possible range of options for college and university both at home and worldwide.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: NS-12 | 899 students
3100 Macomb Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202)243-1800 1.2 NS-12
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1153 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202)537-8100 1.6 PK-12