Aidan Montessori School
- Aidan follows the highest international standards of the innovative and proven Montessori Method, which prepares children for successful and fulfilling lives.
- Everything at Aidan revolves around how children learn best. Students have the ideal opportunities, environment, and community to realize their potential so they can grow into independent thinkers, confident learners, effective collaborators, and responsible citizens.
- Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, Aidan will offer Full-Day Programming for children enrolled in our Toddler (18 months - 2-1/2 years) and Primary (3-6 years) Programs.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||The Montessori philosophy and curriculum supports individual learning styles as needed.|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 49%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees vary by program. Please see http://www.aidanschool.org/admissions/tuition-and-fees for current details. Listed tuition is accurate for Toddler in 2019-20.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Grace Lee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Mandarin Chinese Language Program, Montessori Model United Nations, Spanish Language Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boys Will Run, Girl on the Run
- By tapping into how children learn best, Aidan Montessori School helps them grow into innovative thinkers, lifelong learners, compassionate leaders, and responsible citizens. Aidan follows the highest standards of the pioneering learning approach known as Montessori, which prepares children for bold and confident futures.
- An Aidan education is proven to work.
- Today MRI imaging is confirming that the Montessori approach we've been using at Aidan for more than 50 years makes for the most effective and authentic learning for children. The Aidan education taps into how children's brains naturally develop and grow, building on their innate curiosity and remarkable ability to absorb new understanding. We also do away with some of the trappings of the traditional classroom; there are no desks in a row, no tests, no grades, and no strict schedule. The result: Children here love to learn, and their passion and inquisitiveness continue far beyond Aidan.
- Montessori education is tailored to each child.
- Our teachers are trained extensively to closely observe the learning style, interests, and progress of each child. They know how to help students develop their potential, how to keep them deeply engaged, and when to challenge them to advance to the next level. Progress is dictated by the child`s development, not by a rigid curriculum or a state mandate.
- An Aidan education inspires a passion for learning.
- Stop by in the morning, and you`ll see students bounding into school, eager to get started. Here learning is an adventure, not a burden. Curiosity is encouraged, not stifled. Lessons are welcomed, not dreaded. Because much of the learning is self-directed, children gain an immense sense of satisfaction from taking on new challenges-a complex math problem, a long book, an independent research project.An Aidan education prepares students for a promising future.Learning continuously, communicating persuasively, leading with vision, adapting with agility, understanding how to perceive emotions, and seeing solutions where others do not-such abilities are crucial for success in today`s innovation economy. They`re also the abilities that students develop through Aidan`s distinctive and comprehensive approach to learning. Aidan prepares students for life on many levels-intellectual, physical, emotional, and ethical.
- Montessori has shaped the most innovative minds of our time.
- The Montessori approach that Aidan uses is carefully designed to help children build a strong foundation for the rest of their lives. It makes a difference. The founders of Google, Amazon, and Wikipedia are all Montessori graduates. Thousands of other Montessori graduates around the world are leading and succeeding-in middle and high schools, in college, in their communities, and in the global marketplace.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-6 | 106 students
201 Allison St., NW, Suite B
Washington, DC 20011
(202)722-1520 2.6 PK-6
- Fort Washington Grades: PK-6 | 46 students
8600 Loughran Rd
Fort Washington, MD 20744
(301)567-0330 10.9 PK-6
- California Grades: PK-2 | 105 students
23443 Cottonwood Pkwy
California, MD 20619
(301)863-7740 50.7 PK-2
- Waldorf Grades: PK-6 | 49 students
6008 Hampshire Cir
Waldorf, MD 20603
(301)870-8660 21.9 PK-6
- Alexandria Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
3700 Burgundy Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
(703)329-6968 9.1 PK-8
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.