- Top Ranked DC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 338 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 11 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Lowell School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in District Of Columbia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Geo Bee, Jewish Affinity Group, Math Counts Team, Math Olympiad, MS Ally Group, Robotics, Stream Keepers, Students of Color
Special programs include:
- an innovative, integrated curriculum driven by essential questions
- a K8 social studies curriculum with a focus on social justice
- STEM education from preschool through middle school
- arts, PE offerings at every grade level
- athletics teams for Kindergarten8th grade
- after-school activities, including minicourses and music lessons
Lowell embraces students, families, and staff who reflect a broad range of backgrounds and perspectives. Diversity is a central component of our academically rigorous learning environment and a vital asset for personal growth. Students learn to value all dimensions of diversity, help create our inclusive community, and pursue equity and social justice. Lowell is committed to making sure the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity permeate all aspects of the school-from curriculum and student life to administrative decision making and event planning. We ensure economic diversity with a robust financial assistance program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Lowell School offer?
Lowell School offers 8 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field and Ultimate Frisbee.
What is Lowell School's ranking?
Lowell School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in District Of Columbia for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Lowell School?
The application deadline for Lowell School is Jan. 11 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 11 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Lowell School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards