Washington International School
- Washington International School (WIS) is a coeducational day school offering 900 students a challenging international curriculum and rich language program from Preschool through Grade 12.
- Students in Preschool through Grade 5 follow the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP); in Grades 6-10 students pursue a multidisciplinary course of study.
- In their final two years of high school, all students are enrolled in IB Diploma Program courses.
- We equip children with the tools to master rigorous academic challenges in math, science, languages, literature, social sciences, and the arts.
- An active sports schedule, programs in the arts, participation in clubs, community service in Washington, DC and around the world, and travel programs-for study and for fun-help create well-rounded students who are also engaged global citizens.
Washington International School places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||899 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||104 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 5|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$41,380|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool Tuition: $26,470 Pre-Kindergarten Tuition: $33,710 Kindergarten to Grade 5 Tuition: $36,600 Middle School Tuition (Grades 6-8): $40,790 Upper School Tuition (Grades 9-12): $41,380|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mary Hastings Moore|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
many student-organized clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
chorus and instrumental music., In middle and upper schools, two musicals and two plays each year
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-12 | 1153 students
3825 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202)537-8100 0.8 PK-12
- Washington Grades: NS-12
2001 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20007
(202)829-3700 1.2 NS-12
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?