Blessed Sacrament School (DC)
- Blessed Sacrament School is a neighborhood school in Northwest Washington, DC dedicated to educational excellence for grades K-8. For more than 93 years, we have been known for our combination of rigorous academics and faith formation.
- Our mission is to assist parents -- our students' primary teachers -- in the formation of the "whole child," helping each student grow academically, spiritually, morally, emotionally and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Endowment Size||1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, SoccerBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Band, Beginner Band, Choir, Community Service, Student Council Advanced Band, Beginner Band, Choir, Community Service,|
- Blessed Sacrament is a parish, neighborhood school dedicated to excellence within an atmosphere of Christian love and concern. This goal of excellence is rooted in the teaching mission of the Catholic Church, a mission to assist parents in the development of the whole child. This means giving attention to the child's spiritual, intellectual, moral, emotional and physical growth. We believe that this can best be accomplished within a community of persons which share a family-like love for each member of the community, along with a determination to work together to accomplish our common goals.Our primary goal is to direct the child toward a mature Christian life. The achievement of growth into a life of full participation within the Christian community should be nurtured within the school setting. The Eucharistic celebrations, communal prayer, and participation in sacramental liturgical celebration are all ways in which the children are guided toward a mature relationship with their Savior, Jesus Christ.Because Blessed Sacrament School believes so firmly in the concept of education for the future, we are determined to strive for excellence in all aspects of the curriculum. The administration and faculty direct their efforts towards continuous program evaluation, quality program development, and professional growth and development. These efforts enable the faculty to enrich the lives of those they teach.Among many educational ideals, the concept of individual needs stands out as basic to our philosophy. Therefore, we are determined to do as much as we can to identify individual needs, research available alternatives, and select for each student the best course of action we are able to provide. Such a concept assumes the investment of time, personnel, money, and effort. Given the assets which we have, we are determined to do as much as possible to ensure that each student achieves his/her potential, thus developing the talent bestowed by God.Perhaps the strongest tool we have toward the achievement of these goals/ideals is our experience of community, unity, and dedication within the faculty and staff. Believing in the basic premise that a child's welfare is central to a successful education, the faculty shares its concerns. By working together we can solve problems and arrive at solutions for the good of all. We believe that a strong spirit of dedication and unity among the faculty will promote a student body which is more apt to care for every member as if it were truly a family.Maintaining ourselves as a parish, neighborhood school is another advantage, which we strive to continue. The success of the students, faculty, and entire school is the result of a close working relationship within the community. The school is an integral part of the parish, sharing in its liturgies, social outreach, and parish problems as well as its blessings. Students are aware of the needs among families, sharing themselves through prayer, or offering whatever assistance they can. This close working relationship is life-giving to the school community.Because we believe in the necessity of nurturing each individual, we try to provide an atmosphere of friendliness throughout the school. A sense of family characterizes our classrooms; a spirit of caring motivates our actions toward each other; and an attitude of Christian love is evident in the respect which we accord to each other. Parental support and caring are also evident in the areas of home-school association and fundraising. Even more important, parental support is present in the daily life of the school as parent volunteers help with lunch duty, serve as room parents, assist with field trips, work with children on extracurricular activities, and generally lend support where it is needed. This close working relationship adds to the family spirit of the school leaving us free to be ourselves with the knowledge that we will be accepted by our classmates and teachers as brother or sister in the family of God.Finally, because we are a Christian educational facility, we see ourselves as journeying together to the future, a future ripe with hope because we walk with each other as we all walk with Christ.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
4755 Whitehaven Pkwy Nw
Washington, DC 20007
- WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1640 Kalmia Road NW
Washington, DC 20012
- WashingtonGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3000 Cathedral Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
- BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
5601 Massachusetts Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20816
- LanhamGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
9473 Annapolis Rd
Lanham, MD 20706
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.