Montessori School Of Chevy Chase
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (202) 362-6212
Montessori School Of Chevy Chase Photo #2 - Our classrooms at The Montessori School of Chevy Chase provide a warm, challenging and stimulating environment.
Montessori School Of Chevy Chase Photo #3 - At The Montessori School of Chevy Chase, we also offer French Immersion classes. Want to learn more? Visit our website www.chevychasemontessori.com
- The Montessori School of Chevy Chase strives to offer the best Montessori education in Washington, DC. We offer our program in English as well as French Immersion.
- We offer a peaceful, safe, stimulating learning environment where young children grow intellectually, spiritually, physically, and socially.
- The Montessori School of Chevy Chase was founded in 1999. The school enjoys a reputation for its culturally diverse faculty and student body.
- The Director, Marlene Cherry, holds an AMI Primary Montessori Diploma, a Masters Degree in Montessori Education and a BS in Education.
- All lead teachers are Montessori certified and take ongoing classes to further their education.
- The school has approximately 57 children from many diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- We are a culturally diverse community of life long learners, offering a strong academic curriculum based on the Montessori philosophy of fostering self-esteem, independence, empathy and social consciousness.
- Our curriculum is based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori which focus on the individuality of each child in respect to their needs and talents.
- We work on fostering the child's natural desire to learn and assist the child in acquiring social skills and self-confidence. Our school is accredited through AdvancED.
Montessori School Of Chevy Chase places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo shirt with school logo required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to the program selected and hours spent at school: Half Day, 8:45 - 1:00pm School Day, 8:45 - 3:30pm Full Day, 8:45-6:00 Early Arrival - 8:00am-8:45am|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marlene Cherry|
|Admissions Associate||Carol Rothman|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Crafts Club, Soccer Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Music and Movement
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Montessori Programs in English and in French
- Before Care & After Care
- Year round school - August through August
- Toddler Classes - 18 months through 3 years old with French Language Introduction
- Primary Classes - 3 through 6 years old
- French Immersion Class - 3 through 6 years old
- Extra-Curricular activities including Yoga, Arts & Crafts, Soccer
- Physical Education Program
- Art Program
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-K | 22 students
3600 Ellicott Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 237-1788 0.4 PK-K
- Washington Grades: NS-K | 160 students
4473 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 966-7747 0.9 NS-K
- Washington Grades: PK-6 | 95 students
201 Allison St., NW, Suite B
Washington, DC 20011
(202) 722-1520 3.3 PK-6
- Phoenix Grades: NS-6 | 52 students
3526 Sweet Air Rd
Phoenix, MD 21131
(410) 683-1771 45.6 NS-6
MSCC has provided an excellent environment for our daughters to learn to be independent, organized and confident. We absolutely love the staff. They are dedicated, patient and amazing at giving the students the opportunity to flourish. I was not familiar with the montessori philosophy and now wish I had learned French, math, geography, and science in the same manner. My children even enjoy cleaning at home! I highly recommend this school to any parent looking to raise "good citizens" between 1.5 - 6 years old.
- Posted by Parent - Stephanie
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?