Franklin Montessori School
The mission of The Franklin Montessori School is to provide both creative and stimulating intellectual, artistic and developmental experiences for the two year old program, pre-school and kindergarten child.The mission of The Franklin Montessori School is to provide both creative and stimulating intellectual, artistic, and developmental experiences for the pre-school and kindergarten child.
We strive to cultivate each child's natural desire to learn and to foster his/her natural curiosity and love of knowledge.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Students: 103 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition is based on age group and program options. All prices can be found in our Enrollment Agreement on our website.
- The Franklin Montessori School is a private school serving approximately 180 students ages 3 months to 6 years. Established in 2002, Franklin opened our Washington, DC Forest Hills campus to bring its unique style to an urban setting. A fully accredited American Montessori Society school, we adhere strongly to our mission: We believe that when free, the potential of the human spirit is unlimited. In our thoughtfully prepared environment, children gain confidence and develop the social, physical and academic skills that will serve them for life. We are guides, as the young child discovers through exploration. From this foundation, the doors to independence, self-discipline, and leadership are unlocked.With over 19,000 square feet of interior space, the school has 4 fully equipped primary Montessori classrooms, 4 Two-Year Old classrooms, 2 Infant classrooms, indoor and outdoor play spaces, a well-stocked library, a beautiful art studio for primary children, and access to Rock Creek Park - home of our nature program "Beyond the Walls".
Profile last updated:
Endorse Franklin Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.