Franklin Montessori School
The mission of The Franklin Montessori School is to provide both creative and stimulating intellectual, artistic and developmental experiences for the two year old program, pre-school and kindergarten child.The mission of The Franklin Montessori School is to provide both creative and stimulating intellectual, artistic, and developmental experiences for the pre-school and kindergarten child.
We strive to cultivate each child's natural desire to learn and to foster his/her natural curiosity and love of knowledge.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 103 students
- Yearly Tuition: $27,492
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 43%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition is based on age group and program options. All prices can be found in our Enrollment Agreement on our website.
- The Franklin Montessori School is a private school serving approximately 180 students ages 3 months to 6 years. Established in 2002, Franklin opened our Washington, DC Forest Hills campus to bring its unique style to an urban setting. A fully accredited American Montessori Society school, we adhere strongly to our mission: We believe that when free, the potential of the human spirit is unlimited. In our thoughtfully prepared environment, children gain confidence and develop the social, physical and academic skills that will serve them for life. We are guides, as the young child discovers through exploration. From this foundation, the doors to independence, self-discipline, and leadership are unlocked.With over 19,000 square feet of interior space, the school has 4 fully equipped primary Montessori classrooms, 4 Two-Year Old classrooms, 2 Infant classrooms, indoor and outdoor play spaces, a well-stocked library, a beautiful art studio for primary children, and access to Rock Creek Park - home of our nature program "Beyond the Walls".
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Franklin Montessori School cost?
Franklin Montessori School's tuition is approximately $27,492 for private students.
When is the application deadline for Franklin Montessori School?
The application deadline for Franklin Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Franklin Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.