Psychiatric Institutional Of Washington
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 45 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Psychiatric Institute of Washington provides comprehensive behavioral health care for children, adolescents, adults and senior adults suffering from mental health and addictive illnesses. We are a short-term, acute care hospital offering inpatient, partial and intensive outpatient hospitalization, as well as specialized treatment programs for chemical dependency. Founded in 1967, PIW combines the rich traditions of its past with the behavioral health options of the present. We have an excellent reputation as an innovative hospital with caring, dedicated staff, experienced in the delivery of behavioral health care. We understand the stresses experienced by patients and their families when dealing with mental illness. That is why "First we listen, then we help". Our mission is to guide those in need to the level of care most appropriate to their recovery and continued good health. As a small, 104-bed, specialty psychiatric hospital, we provide care to the diverse Washington, DC population, including its neediest. Our collaboration with the District of Columbia government, insurance and managed care companies, as well as our ability to design specialized treatment programs has earned us a reputation for excellence. Our leadership embraces the values of "family" for our hospital community, which fosters a culture of caring and support, a place where committed professionals can do their best work. Psychiatric Institute of Washington is committed to improving the behavioral health care within our community by going beyond the traditional. We will continue to develop diverse and dynamic treatment programs and establish partnerships with others to understand and serve people where they live. Together we will build upon our strengths and human spirit to create a different future.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Psychiatric Institutional Of Washington?
The application deadline for Psychiatric Institutional Of Washington is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Psychiatric Institutional Of Washington. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards