National Presbyterian School
Tel: (202) 537-7508
National Presbyterian School Photo #2 - Field Day is one of our favorite traditions. Go Red! Go White! Go NPS!
National Presbyterian School Photo #3 - Small class sizes mean hands-on learning for students in our Pre-Kindergarten at NPS.
National Presbyterian School Photo #4 - NPS offers a balanced literacy program that includes explicit instruction in phonemic awareness and phonics in Pre-Kindergarten through Second Grade.
National Presbyterian School Photo #5 - Interscholastic athletics for girls and boys in soccer, basketball, and lacrosse are a highlight of the NPS program for students in Grades 5 & 6.
National Presbyterian School Photo #6 - At NPS, technology is used as a learning tool to enrich the core curriculum in all grades through a measured approach, allowing best practices in child development to dictate use, rather than current trends.
National Presbyterian School Photo #7 - All members of the National Presbyterian School community participate in weekly Chapel, a time to nurture our spiritual lives through Scripture lessons, sacred music, and prayer. The oldest students in each service serve as leaders alongside the school chaplain.
- National Presbyterian School is committed to safeguarding the all-important decade of childhood -- the years from Age 3 to Sixth Grade.
- We believe that love is a precondition to excellent learning.
- By presenting a challenging academic program in a nurturing school community, we give childen the intellectual, spriritual, personal, physical and emotional foundations that well enable them to be successful learners and good people.
National Presbyterian School places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no jeans or graphic t-shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: $17,725 to $33,250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,014|
|Admissions Director||Katy Harvey|
|Admissions Associate||Tianna Butler|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After 3 Club (Extended Day), After School Program Classes, School Newspaper (Grades 5 & 6), Summer Camp|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Sports, Team Sports (Grades 5 & 6)
- At National Presbyterian School, we understand that the childhood years, from 3 to 12, are our most crucial, when the foundation is put in place for who we will become.
- The NPS journey begins with 3-year-olds, just ready to engage in an independent journey in a playful, stimulating environment. The journey concludes with 12-year-olds who sit on the cusp of adolescence but benefit from the focused attention of an elementary school setting, before joining the complicated world of teenagers.
- We offer all students a thoughtfully designed, integrated, and challenging curriculum; what students learn in one subject connects to what they learn in another, and what they learn one year becomes the foundation for what they learn in the next.
- To do this, we tap the potential of educational innovation: developing critical thinking skills through our schoolwide use of Harvard`s Project Zero Thinking Routines; building emotional intelligence with deliberate and dynamic social-emotional learning plus ethical and religious studies; and allowing students to learn by doing using a discovery-based approach.
- Our goal is to prepare our students to be both good learners and good people as they grow to become tomorrow`s global citizens.
- Renowned for academic sophistication, confidence, and compassion, our graduates are highly sought after by a wide array of schools in Seventh Grade.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed National Presbyterian School also viewed these schools: Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School, Lowell School, Maret School, The River School and Sheridan School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: PK-3 | 401 students
3500 Woodley Road NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 537-6793 1.1 PK-3
- Washington Grades: NS-3 | 220 students
4880 Macarthur Blvd NW
Washington, DC 20007
(202) 337-3554 2 NS-3
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.