The River School
- Top Ranked DC School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-3
- Students: 220 students
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 10 / rolling
The River School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in District Of Columbia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess, Cooking, Destination Imagination (STEAM), Lego Robotics, River Art, Spanish with Language Stars, Textiles, Tinkering
- The River School is dedicated to children 18 months through Grade 3.
- The school`s innovative educational model pairs a master`s level educator and a speech language pathologist in each classroom, and focuses on language, literacy and social development.
- Classroom practice emphasizes experiential and collaborative learning, using thematic curriculum to seamlessly integrate literacy, math, science, drama, music, art, physical education and yoga.
- The River School`s unique inclusion program is internationally acclaimed. Most students (85% or more) are children with normal hearing; each classroom includes a few children with hearing loss who use cochlear implants or hearing aids. The teaching team supports all of the children in the classroom, with every student greatly benefiting from the rich educational experience.
- The River School is located in northwest Washington DC, west of Georgetown and convenient to the Maryland and Virginia suburbs. It offers the advantages of a neighborhood setting with a public library, shopping and parks nearby.
Endorse The River School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards