The Lab School Of Washington
- Founded in 1967 by Sally L. Smith, The Lab School of Washington is internationally recognized for its innovative programs for children and adults with learning disabilities.
- The Lab School Day School offers individualized instruction to students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- The instructional approaches developed by Professor Smith, emphasize hands-on experimental learning and the use of the arts to teach academic skills.
- State-of-the-art work with computers, storytelling, writing and art in the elementary school as well as a continual emphasis on project learning in the junior and senior high school keep The Lab School pioneering new educational methods.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WashingtonGrades: 5-12 | 61 students
801 Buchanan St Ne
Washington, DC 20017
WashingtonGrades: 6-12 | 331 students
2301 Foxhall Road NW
Washington, DC 20007
WashingtonGrades: 2-8 | 61 students
5901 Utah Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20015
WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 154 students
5000 14th St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 899 students
3100 Macomb Street NW
Washington, DC 20008