- Auguste Montessori School respects each child as an individual and commits to developing each as a child of the world. We are dedicated to providing a nurturing and empowering environment to support the whole child: intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical.
- We practice an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) curriculum that is filled with joyful learning, opening the children to embrace the world with confidence and purpose.
- We work with the children to create a purposeful and beautiful community, where reverence for wisdom, joy, connectedness, honesty and integrity are manifest in all school activities.
- Our student body, with ages 2.5 to 6 years old, is culturally, ethnically and racially diverse. Many siblings and cousins attend together.
- We are located in NW DC just north of Cleveland Park in Van Ness/Forest Hills and walking distance to Tenleytown and Chevy Chase.
- Founded in 1997 by our director Valerie O`Connor with a small group of parents, our vibrant community has grown to include many alumni. Our Auguste alumni love to return regularly to work with the little ones in the classroom and participate in holiday events.
- We are proud of the bonds our families have forged with the school and with one another.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: Inquire with school | 165 students
4473 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202)966-7747 0.5 Inquire with school
- Phoenix Grades: PK-6 | 56 students
3526 Sweet Air Rd
Phoenix, MD 21131
(410)683-1771 45.9 PK-6
- Washington Grades: PK-K | 43 students
5608 Broad Branch Rd Nw
Washington, DC 20015
(202)232-2233 0.9 PK-K
- Washington Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3133 Dumbarton St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202)342-2551 3.2 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.