Tel: (202) 237-1788
- Auguste Montessori School respects each child as an individual and commits to developing each as a child of the world. We are dedicated to providing a nurturing and empowering environment to support the whole child: intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical.
- We practice an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) curriculum that is filled with joyful learning, opening the children to embrace the world with confidence and purpose.
- We work with the children to create a purposeful and beautiful community, where reverence for wisdom, joy, connectedness, honesty and integrity are manifest in all school activities.
- Our student body, with ages 2.5 to 6 years old, is culturally, ethnically and racially diverse. Many siblings and cousins attend together.
- We are located in NW DC just north of Cleveland Park in Van Ness/Forest Hills and walking distance to Tenleytown and Chevy Chase.
- Founded in 1997 by our director Valerie O`Connor with a small group of parents, our vibrant community has grown to include many alumni. Our Auguste alumni love to return regularly to work with the little ones in the classroom and participate in holiday events.
- We are proud of the bonds our families have forged with the school and with one another.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 46%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: NS-K | 160 students
4473 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 966-7747 0.5 NS-K
- Phoenix Grades: NS-6 | 52 students
3526 Sweet Air Rd
Phoenix, MD 21131
(410) 683-1771 45.9 NS-6
- Washington Grades: PK-K | 60 students
5608 Broad Branch Rd Nw
Washington, DC 20015
(202) 232-2233 0.9 PK-K
- Washington Grades: PK-K | 24 students
3133 Dumbarton St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
(202) 342-2551 3.2 PK-K
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.