Oneness Family School
5.00 (1 review)
- For 30 years Oneness-Family School (OFS) has served families who value student-centered learning and personal growth alongside rigorous curriculum. We`re the Washington, DC area`s only innovative and diverse learning community nurturing academic excellence in the Montessori tradition for early childhood through high school. Our vision is a new generation of young leaders equipped, empowered, and energized to reach their full potential and contribute to a better world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
National Independent Private Schools Association
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition ranges from $16,370 to $31,500. There are options for part-time and full-time attendance from 2 years-old through Kindergarten.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sylvia McLeod|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Earth Keepers, Peace Keepers|
Club or Organization:
Lego Design & Engineering with DEILAB, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Creative Dance, Flute Lessons, Modern Dance, Piano Lessons, Recorder Lessons, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Oneness-Family School serves children age 2 through high school. Our school focuses on self-care and community, building a sense of human connection in an age where we are all so preoccupied with our electronic devices. Our self-discovery program fosters personal reflection, artistic expression, communication, collaboration, and fitness, in the belief that the healthier and happier we are the better we are going to learn.
- Oneness-Family School's trade-marked three part curriculum design supports academic and social emotional development, while also allowing students to perform, exhibit their knowledge and serve their community.
- Our holistic Montessori curriculum is a progressive model that supports each student`s creativity, happiness and full engagement in learning-key ingredients for long-term success in school and life.
- Come see the difference -- Multi-age classrooms; Challenging academics, foreign languages, art, music, yoga and physical fitness; Education in peace and mindfulness.
- Our vision is to foster a new generation of leaders who become meaningful contributors to the society of the 21st century by expanding their consciousness, realizing their potential, and coming to feel and understand that the world is one family.
- We welcome you to attend an Open House or schedule a tour. To schedule a tour please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.onenessfamily.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chevy Chase Grades: NS-3 | 92 students
6050 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301)654-2626 0.5 NS-3
- Bethesda Grades: PK-1 | 52 students
7730 Bradley Blvd
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)469-8123 4.4 PK-1
My daughter has thrived at this school, which she has attended grades 1-3. Academically, she excels (geometry in third grade! And reading at a level far above her grade level), yet what impresses me most are the social skills she has learned - she is confident, articulate, empathetic, and loves learning. The teachers are dedicated, kind, intelligent, and encourage communication between themselves and the parents. My 4 year old started this year and, even after a few short months, I can see the same love of learning and creativity building in her. My advice- schedule a tour, observe the happy kids who are actively and happily engaged in their learning and the teachers who guide them with love and kindness. And, then, enroll your kids! It truly is a special school which brings out the best in every child
- Posted by Parent - Julia`sMom
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.