Oneness Family School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (301) 652-7751
- For 30 years Oneness-Family School (OFS) has served families who value student-centered learning and personal growth alongside rigorous curriculum. We`re the Washington, DC area`s only innovative and diverse learning community nurturing academic excellence in the Montessori tradition for early childhood through high school. Our vision is a new generation of young leaders equipped, empowered, and energized to reach their full potential and contribute to a better world.
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Tue., September 29, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., September 30, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., October 02, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Tue., October 06, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., October 07, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., October 09, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Tue., October 13, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., October 14, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., October 16, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Tue., October 20, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., October 21, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., October 23, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Tue., October 27, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., October 28, 2020 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., October 30, 2020 - get more information!
- ...read more
- Oneness-Family School Voted Best Montessori School in DC - 07/22/2019 - Oneness-Family School was voted Best Montessori School in the DC area for the fourth year in a row!
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
National Independent Private Schools Association
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition ranges from $16,370 to $31,500. There are options for part-time and full-time attendance from 2 years-old through Kindergarten.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sylvia McLeod|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Earth Keepers, Peace Keepers|
Club or Organization:
Lego Design & Engineering with DEILAB, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Creative Dance, Flute Lessons, Modern Dance, Piano Lessons, Recorder Lessons, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Oneness-Family School serves children age 2 through high school. Our school focuses on self-care and community, building a sense of human connection in an age where we are all so preoccupied with our electronic devices. Our self-discovery program fosters personal reflection, artistic expression, communication, collaboration, and fitness, in the belief that the healthier and happier we are the better we are going to learn.
- Oneness-Family School's trade-marked three part curriculum design supports academic and social emotional development, while also allowing students to perform, exhibit their knowledge and serve their community.
- Our holistic Montessori curriculum is a progressive model that supports each student`s creativity, happiness and full engagement in learning-key ingredients for long-term success in school and life.
- Come see the difference -- Multi-age classrooms; Challenging academics, foreign languages, art, music, yoga and physical fitness; Education in peace and mindfulness.
- Our vision is to foster a new generation of leaders who become meaningful contributors to the society of the 21st century by expanding their consciousness, realizing their potential, and coming to feel and understand that the world is one family.
- We welcome you to attend an Open House or schedule a tour. To schedule a tour please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.onenessfamily.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-1 | 52 students
7730 Bradley Blvd
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 469-8123 4.4 PK-1
I can't say enough good things about Oneness. It's been an amazing place for my kids and for our whole family. We've been there 7 years and my kids are so much better for the experience. Not only are they getting fabulous hands on education, but they are making lifelong friends from all over the world. My favorite thing about Oneness is that it truly is a family and I cherish the people we have met through the years.
- Posted by Parent - Susan Donnelly
I thought it would be insightful to see how this school has reacted to our very changed world because of coronavirus. I just want to say how incredibly lucky I feel to be a part of the Oneness-Family Montessori School community. Yesterday, our founder, Andrew Kutt led our normally weekly community meeting over Zoom with a fantastic sing along of his great songs that all the kids love. He gave shout outs to tons of the kids watching and it was truly an amazing example of our wonderful community at OFS. In addition, our teachers have spent the week working incredibly hard and leading awesome online classes for the kids. My kids have been on Zoom with their classmates from 9 to 3 each day to help maintain some kind of normalcy. The teachers are adapting with what appears to be ease, and we are all taking this great learning curve one step at a time. https://www.onenessfamily.org
- Posted by Parent - Susan
Our daughter joined OFS this Fall as a 9th grader and the experience has exceeded all her desires and ours as parents. An incredible sense of community welcomed us. The energetic and engaging learning environment that exists at the upper school is truly inspiring. It is unlike anything I could have ever imagined from my traditional prep school upbringing or the overcrowded public experience our daughter sought refuge from. She is thriving in a school that challenges her in such engaging ways not available in public education. In a learning environment committed to the Montessori traditions, students are being prepared to excel both in the classroom and as young citizens able to navigate their own blossoming lives. We are fortunate to join a small but growing upper school on the rise. It has a force of nature in a founder whose 30+ years of success in Montessori education has assembled an upper school team of educators committed to nourishing all aspects of student life.
- Posted by Parent - Samantha's Dad
My daughter has thrived at this school, which she has attended grades 1-3. Academically, she excels (geometry in third grade! And reading at a level far above her grade level), yet what impresses me most are the social skills she has learned - she is confident, articulate, empathetic, and loves learning. The teachers are dedicated, kind, intelligent, and encourage communication between themselves and the parents. My 4 year old started this year and, even after a few short months, I can see the same love of learning and creativity building in her. My advice- schedule a tour, observe the happy kids who are actively and happily engaged in their learning and the teachers who guide them with love and kindness. And, then, enroll your kids! It truly is a special school which brings out the best in every child
- Posted by Parent - Julia`sMom
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.