Concord Hill School
- We are a coeducational school for children age 3 to grade 3, focusing on the early childhood years.
- We are a small school with just one class per grade.
- There are two lead teachers in each class, as well as special subject teachers, all of whom inspire the students to embrace and enjoy learning.
- As an inclusive school community, we nurture each child and prepare them to be responsible members of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||Nursery = $16,975 PK = $23,738 K - 3rd = $26,582|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,343|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Arzt|
- Our five core values - Knowledge, Character, Respect, Play, and Community guide our dynamic academic and social curriculum. During these important early childhood years, Concord Hill demonstrates to its students that acquiring knowledge can be both challenging and fun. We celebrate each child's unique strengths and seek to build self-confidence through achievement. We emphasize both the academic and the developmental growth of the young child and strongly believe in educating the whole child by promoting intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and character development. By maintaining small student-to-teacher ratios, we are able to respond to each student's ideas, needs and learning styles. Concord Hill instills in its students a strong sense of caring and respect for others. Children experience the responsibilities and benefits of being positive, contributing members of their community and our diverse world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 283 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
BethesdaGrades: PK-K | 355 students
5615 Beech Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
Mc LeanGrades: K-12 | 1054 students
1301 Potomac School Rd
Mc Lean, VA 22101
PotomacGrades: PK-12 | 522 students
8617 Chateau Drive
Potomac, MD 20854
Chevy ChaseGrades: NS-9 | 171 students
6701 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017