Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, Grades 1-12, with a coeducational Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten.
- The 35-acre, Bethesda, Maryland campus is an inspiring learning environment where students receive an outstanding academic experience rooted in the Goals of the Sacred Heart.
- Stone Ridge graduates are instilled with a sense of community and have a deep passion to make a difference in the world.
- Founded in 1923 by the Society of the Sacred Heart, Stone Ridge is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools with 21 school and affiliates in the United States and over 200 schools worldwide.
- As a member of this network, Stone Ridge offers an education that is marked by distinctive spirit and an emphasis on faith, intellect, awareness, community, and growth.
- Stone Ridge's student body comes from a variety of religious, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds within a 50-mile radius of Bethesda.
- Stone Ridge is steeped in tradition yet employs the latest technology, techniques, and projects in the classroom. By uniting virtue with learning, Stone Ridge forges a foundation for today`s young women to succeed in tomorrow`s world.
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||744 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||30 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 5 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,100|
|Tuition Notes||Infant, Toddler, ECP2, Preschool $21,100 Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten $27,900 Lower School (Grades 1-4) $28,500 Middle School (Grades 5-8) $32,300 Upper School (Grades 9-12) $37,100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||LaRita Gordon|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Zingone|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Stone Ridge is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school in Bethesda, Maryland for girls, Grades 1-12, with a co-educational early childhood program, Little Hearts, which serves children three-month old through Kindergarten age.
- We are guided by the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education. With these Goals we commit to educate to a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness which impels to action, a building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
- For many girls, a single-sex school is the perfect environment for their academic growth, while fostering extra-curricular talents,instilling leadership skills, and building self-confidence.
- Stone Ridge has a co-ed infant, toddler and a preschool program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Olney Grades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
(240)283-3367 9.8 9-12
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202)537-6900 1.4 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.