Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, Grades 1-12, with a coeducational Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten.
- The 35-acre, Bethesda, Maryland campus is an inspiring learning environment where students receive an outstanding academic experience rooted in the Goals of the Sacred Heart.
- Stone Ridge graduates are instilled with a sense of community and have a deep passion to make a difference in the world.
- Founded in 1923 by the Society of the Sacred Heart, Stone Ridge is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools with 21 school and affiliates in the United States and over 200 schools worldwide.
- As a member of this network, Stone Ridge offers an education that is marked by distinctive spirit and an emphasis on faith, intellect, awareness, community, and growth.
- Stone Ridge's student body comes from a variety of religious, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds within a 50-mile radius of Bethesda.
- Stone Ridge is steeped in tradition yet employs the latest technology, techniques, and projects in the classroom. By uniting virtue with learning, Stone Ridge forges a foundation for today`s young women to succeed in tomorrow`s world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 3 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,500|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten-Kindergarten $26,100 Grades 1 - 4 $26,500 Grades 5-8 $29,500 Grades 9-12 $33,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mary Tobias|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Zingone|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, is located on thirty-five acres, with the Lower School building connecting to the Middle and Upper Schools. The campus has two cafeterias, three gymnasiums, a playground, outdoor tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, turf field, playing fields and a chapel.
- Stone Ridge was founded in 1923 and is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools with twenty-one schools and affiliates in the United States and over 200 schools worldwide.
- For many girls, a single-sex school is the perfect environment for their academic growth, while fostering extra-curricular talents,instilling leadership skills, and building self-confidence.
- Stone Ridge has a co-ed infant/toddler and a preschool program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
- OlneyGrades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
- KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
- PotomacGrades: 6-12 | 304 students
9029 Bradley Blvd
Potomac, MD 20854
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.