For more than 30 years, Har Shalom Early Childhood Education Center, a Jewish Education program has provided a high quality, safe, nurturing, inclusive environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cognitive development of children.
At the same time we foster a positive Jewish identity and help each child develop an appreciation of their Jewish heritage.
In addition, we offer a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children.
Our experienced and nurturing staff helps each child adjust to the separation between home and school.
Each staff member is selected based on a love of children, education, and experience.
All teachers are college graduates with a degree in education and/or experience in the field of early childhood education.
Our staff participates yearly in ongoing educational training to enhance their individual strengths and effectiveness with children.
Har Shalom ECEC is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education, and commended by the Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning.
We include children with special needs and we accept children of all races, creeds and national origins.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 73 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Har Shalom Early Childhood Education Center is a child-centered and play-centered preschool. We believe that children are capable learners and follow their interests with regard to the subjects that are being taught in school. We involve the children and their families in the learning process and build a warm connection between home and school. Our teachers use a variety of teaching methods including songs, games, literacy, different art medias and movement. Our music, art & Hebrew specialists compliment what is being learned in the classroom and enrich our program. As a Jewish school, we celebrate Jewish holidays, emphasize Jewish values and the connection to Israel. Our clergy is involved with our school during weekly Shabbat celebration, holiday celebrations and frequently visit the children at their classrooms. Our parents are actively involved in our daily life and our parent committee organizes a variety of events throughout the year. We offer half day and full day programs year round, variety of enrichments, before & after care programs and parent & child classes. Please contact us at 301-299-7087 X 244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for The Diener School?
The application deadline for The Diener School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Diener School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.