- The Academy of the Holy Cross, a Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Cross since 1868, is dedicated to educating young women in a Christ-centered community which values diversity.
- The Academy is committed to developing women of courage, compassion, and scholarship who responsibly embrace the social, spiritual and intellectual challenges of the world.
- The Academy of the Holy Cross is a private Catholic high school for girls.
- Its college preparatory program reflects a holistic approach to education by fostering the intellectual, physical and moral development of the students.
- The goal of the educational program is to provide the opportunities and challenges necessary for students to achieve their full potential as Christian women in today's society.
- To achieve this goal, the curriculum offers students a variety of learning experiences in liberal and creative arts, math, science and career education.
- The faculty of Holy Cross encourages students to succeed in the educational program by recognizing and providing for individual needs and differences in learning styles.
- As part of the community of faith at Holy Cross, students are encouraged to clarify their Christian values, deepen their relationship with God and others and develop individual responsibilities for promoting justice in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||550 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Language & Comp., AP Literature & Composition, AP History and Social Studies, AP US Government, AP Comparative Gov. & Politics, AP US History, AP European History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Physics C Mechani,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OlneyGrades: 9-12 | 1200 students
17301 Old Vic Boulevard
Olney, MD 20832
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
BladensburgGrades: 9-12 | 570 students
5715 Emerson Street
Bladensburg, MD 20710
OlneyGrades: K-12 | 258 students
16227 Batchellors Forest Road
Olney, MD 20832
Great theatre department! The department loves getting everyone involved, pushing them outside their comfort level, and showing them a new world of art that they have not yet experienced. If you are a regular thespian, or just want to try something new, the performing arts department has everything. They offer beginner classes for those who are new or uncomfortable and they have advanced classes so you can work your way up and challenge yourself. Even if you are not in a class, you still have an opportunity to participate in clubs, performances, and teams within the department.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - julie