Grace Episcopal Day School
Tel: (301) 949-5860
- Founded as an outreach ministry for Grace Episcopal Day Church in 1960, Grace Episcopal Day School continues to educate preschoolers through kindergarten at our Silver Spring campus and first through fifth grade at our Kensington campus.
- Our programs are designed to ensure that students become confident learners ready to face the academic and social challenges at Grace, in the learning environment and in life.
- Our teachers use outstanding and best teaching practices to enhance children's learning and growth and encourage them to be compassionate citizens of the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(white shirts and blue skirt or pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Cafe, Chorus, Clay Club, Global Action Club, Martial Arts, Tech Time, Total Golf Adventures, Yoga|
- Grace Episcopal Day School will provide every student the opportunity for academic excellence in a caring, nurturing, moral environment that embraces diversity and promotes creativity, self-confidence, and service to others. Grace Episcopal Day School, a church related school, provides a rich and challenging curriculum for students age three through grade eight. Our student body reflects a diversity of cultures, races, faith traditions, learning styles, and perspectives. Small class size helps to create a nurturing, supportive learning environment where students are encouraged to take risks and challenged to perform at their highest levels. Our traditional curriculum is reflected in our graduates' organized approach to learning, thorough foundation in fundamental academic skills, and appreciation for music, art, literature, and languages. We believe that educating students requires a close partnership between school and home, marked by open, forthright communications among parents, faculty, and administrators. Students and their families are welcomed into a close community bound together by a common commitment to academic excellence, joy in learning, and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-K | 77 students
7500 Honeywell Ln
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 652-0117 2.4 PK-K
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1089 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-8260 1.8 PK-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.