- Founded as an outreach ministry for Grace Episcopal Day Church in 1960, Grace Episcopal Day School continues to educate preschoolers through kindergarten at our Silver Spring campus and first through fifth grade at our Kensington campus.
- Our programs are designed to ensure that students become confident learners ready to face the academic and social challenges at Grace, in the learning environment and in life.
- Our teachers use outstanding and best teaching practices to enhance children's learning and growth and encourage them to be compassionate citizens of the world.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(white shirts and blue skirt or pants)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Cafe, Chorus, Clay Club, Global Action Club, Martial Arts, Tech Time, Total Golf Adventures, Yoga Art Cafe, Chorus, Clay Club, Martial Arts, Tech Time, Yoga, Global Action Club,
Total Golf Adventures,
- Grace Episcopal Day School will provide every student the opportunity for academic excellence in a caring, nurturing, moral environment that embraces diversity and promotes creativity, self-confidence, and service to others. Grace Episcopal Day School, a church related school, provides a rich and challenging curriculum for students age three through grade eight. Our student body reflects a diversity of cultures, races, faith traditions, learning styles, and perspectives. Small class size helps to create a nurturing, supportive learning environment where students are encouraged to take risks and challenged to perform at their highest levels. Our traditional curriculum is reflected in our graduates' organized approach to learning, thorough foundation in fundamental academic skills, and appreciation for music, art, literature, and languages. We believe that educating students requires a close partnership between school and home, marked by open, forthright communications among parents, faculty, and administrators. Students and their families are welcomed into a close community bound together by a common commitment to academic excellence, joy in learning, and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 303 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
PotomacGrades: NS-K | 220 students
11931 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
Chevy ChaseGrades: NS-3 | 99 students
6050 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
BethesdaGrades: PK-KG | 130 students
7500 Honeywell Ln
Bethesda, MD 20814
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.