Rochambeau-the French Intl School
Tel: (301) 530-8260
- Rochambeau, The French International School offers a bicultural and bilingual education to internationally-minded students starting from age 2 through 12th grade.
- Our academic program is based on the French National Curriculum, a comprehensive world recognized educational program, with a strong English component.
- A French Immersion program is offered in Lower school (Pre-K to 3rd grade) for children from non-francophone families who want their children to become fully bilingual or multilingual.
- With both a US diploma and a French Baccalaureat (or OIB, the bilingual option of the French Baccalureat), Rochambeau graduates can choose to continue their education in the US, Canada, the UK, France or anywhere in the world. Over 60% of our students pursue higher education outside of France.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,089 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, English literature, US History|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform only required for school outings or events)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Valerie Meriot-Burn|
|Admissions Associate||Agnes Finucan|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Projects, Dance Club, Model United Nations, Newsletter, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Music Club, Theater Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ping Pong Club
- A French Immersion program is offered for non-French speakers up to 3rd grade, French as a foreign language for students with limited French in 4th and 5th grade. For admissions in 6th through 12th grade, students must be able to demonstrate age-appropriate understanding and linguistic competence in French.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
(202) 537-6900 2.2 PK-12
- Potomac Grades: K-12 | 837 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 983-5711 4.9 K-12
- Bethesda Grades: 3-12 | 655 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 320-3200 1.7 3-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.