The Woods Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (301) 365-3080
The Woods Academy Photo #2 - An inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance
The Woods Academy is an inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance. The Woods Academy is where children come to discover their talents, grow in their faith, challenge themselves, and foster a strong desire to lead lives of significance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15|
|Tuition Notes||2018-2019 - Half Day Three year old - $13,270; Full Day Three year old - $17,650; Full Day Four year old - $19,440; Full Day Five year old (Kindergarten) - $22,120; Grades 1-4 - $22,120; Grades 5-8 - $23,420|
|Admissions Director||Molly McNamara|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Robotics Teams
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Drama, Flute Ensemble
- The Woods Academy is an inclusive Catholic community preparing boys and girls to lead lives of significance. Our academic program begins with Primary Montessori for students ages 3 6. It is a balanced and integrated curriculum in a classroom whose materials are beautiful, precise, and developmentally appropriate. Lessons are given individually. After Montessori we transition to a more "traditional" environment for our students in Grades 1 -8 that is filled with innovative and hands on opportunities; ways for children to truly understand what we are teaching. Our full time Reading Specialist and Math Resource teacher are in the classrooms working side by side with our teachers and our children, helping them develop the foundational skills they need to be successful. We prepare all students for the intellectual and social challenges at public, independent, and Catholic high schools. Our comprehensive high school placement program places nearly 100% of our students into their first choice high school. Outside of our strong academic program our children are exposed to a fine arts program, music classes that teach everything from drums of the world to classical guitar, technology that includes robotics and programming and coding, physical education classes twice a week in our state of the art gym or on our playing fields, and a library that encourages everyone to pick up a book and read. We seek to provide our students with an atmosphere that develops a lifelong love of learning by exposing them to a well-rounded curriculum that will develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills, not only for school but for life. The Woods Academy is where children come to discover their talents, grow in their faith, challenge themselves, and foster a strong desire to lead lives of significance.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: NS-8 | 168 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 229-5586 1.6 NS-8
- Bethesda Grades: NS-12 | 713 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 657-4322 2.2 NS-12
Woods has everything we wanted for our daughter: small classroom size; dedicated, caring teachers and staff; strong academics; an advanced foreign language program; and an amazing arts program. Six years in, we couldn't be happier. We''ll be so proud when our daughter graduates from eighth grade with the class of 2018.
- Posted by Parent - twoma
Great caring faculty. Wonderful kind student body.
- Posted by Teacher - alisb
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.