St. Bartholomew Catholic School
Speaker Ryan's most important meeting of the day-- meeting with our students on a field trip to the Capitol.
Our expansive courtyard has since been repaved and beautified thanks to the generous support of our Parish.
- St. Bartholomew Catholic School is a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School serving children in Pre-K through eighth grade. Scholarship, faith, leadership, and sportsmanship are the tenets of a St. Bart's education and guide all that we do as we prepare students to succeed in the area's top Catholic high schools. 175 students representing various ethnic, religious, and social backgrounds
- 20 optional student activities (sports, academic enrichment, music, performing arts)
- Monthly service learning projects enhance faith formation and our committment to serving others.
- 10 Home & School Association sponsored events per year fosters community and communication
- Rigorous academic curriculum following the standards of the Archdiocese of Washington and the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Interactive white boards, WiFi connected campus, and new Chromebooks enrich the learning experience in every classroom.
- Full time reading and learning specialists, plus counseling programs support every child's unique academic, social, and emotional needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Jun. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,700|
|Tuition Notes||Parish subsidized and multiple child scholarships available.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Neda Ghassabeh|
|Admissions Associate||Jacqueline Edmunds|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Challenge Team, Altar Servers, Ambassadors Club, Band Instruction, CYO Sports, Drama Club, Lego Club, Newspaper Club, Robotics classes, Rock Band, Safety Patrols, Xcel Fitness & Youth Sports Altar Servers, CYO Sports, Drama Club, Lego Club, Newspaper Club, Rock Band, Safety Patrols, Academic Challenge Team,|
Xcel Fitness & Youth Sports,
- St. Bartholomew Catholic School has been developing life-long leaders grounded in faith, critical thinking, and service to others since 1963. We celebrate the individualism of each child in a nurturing community with a well-rounded program providing opportunities for every child to succeed and to lead.
- Whether your child is passionate about the arts, athletics, technology, aademics or faith, he or she will be given the tools to discover his or her unique God given gifts and will become confident, caring, young adults at the time of matriculation.
- We believe a strong partnership between school and family is essential for the success of every child and are committed to communication, participation, and collaboration. We provide a safe and loving environment where your child will experience a challenging, standards-based academic curriculum while learning to become inspired Catholics and responsible citizens.
- If the tenets of a St. Bart's education-- scholarship, faith, leadership, and sportsmanship-- resonate with you, we invite you to tour our vibrant campus and to connect with our esteemed faculty.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
6801 Greentree Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
- BethesdaGrades: K-8 | 534 students
9525 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
- RockvilleGrades: NS-8 | 564 students
917 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
- BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 480 students
8821 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
- BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 293 students
7500 Pearl St
Bethesda, MD 20814
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.