St. Bartholomew Catholic School
Tel: (301) 229-5586 Ext. 12
St. Bartholomew Catholic School Photo #2 - Letter recognition is an important first step towards reading readiness in our Pre-K program.
St. Bartholomew Catholic School Photo #3 - Ornamental gardens and statues offer quick stops for prayer and reflection in between classes.
St. Bartholomew Catholic School Photo #4 - High ceilings and light filled rooms add to the energy and enthusiasm found in our classrooms
St. Bartholomew Catholic School Photo #5 - Speaker Ryan's most important meeting of the day-- meeting with our students on a field trip to the Capitol.
St. Bartholomew Catholic School Photo #7 - Our graduates cite their caring teachers and lifelong friendships as what they treasured the most during their time at St. Bart's.
St. Bartholomew Catholic School Photo #8 - In 2019, Ms. Parker becomes the third St. Bart's teacher to earn the prestigious Golden Apple Teacher of the Year award from the Archdiocese of Washington.
A nationally recognized Blue Ribbon Catholic school for boys and girls in Pre-K 3 through eighth grade. With an impressive 7:1 student-to-teacher ratio, St. Bart`s is able to offer a highly individualized and rigorous educational experience for all learners.
Graduates consistently place into the top 2 Catholic high schools of choice, many receiving merit-based scholarships and awards.
St. Bartholomew Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||High and Low Incidence Disabilities including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Down Syndrome|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,600|
|Tuition Notes||Apply for tuition support through the Archdiocese of Washington or Maryland's BOOST program. Parish and school grants available to families who qualify.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Neda Ghassabeh|
|Admissions Associate||Jacqueline Edmunds|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Challenge Team, Altar Servers, Ambassadors Club, Lego Club, Newspaper Club, Robotics classes, Safety Patrols
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Instruction, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYO Sports, Xcel Fitness & Youth Sports
- St. Bartholomew Catholic School has been developing life-long leaders grounded in faith, critical thinking, and service to others since 1963. We celebrate the individualism of each child in a nurturing community with a well-rounded program providing opportunities for every child to succeed and to lead.
- Whether your child is passionate about the arts, athletics, technology, academics or faith formation, he or she will be given the tools to discover his or her unique God given gifts and will become confident, caring, young adults at the time of matriculation.
- We believe a strong partnership between school and family is essential for the success of every child and are committed to communication, participation, and collaboration. We provide a safe and loving environment where your child will experience a challenging, standards-based academic curriculum while learning to become mindful, responsible citizens.
- If the tenets of a St. Bart's education-- scholarship, faith, leadership, and sportsmanship-- resonate with you, we invite you to tour our vibrant Bethesda campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-8 | 463 students
9525 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-1221 2.3 PK-8
- Bethesda Grades: NS-8 | 195 students
7500 Pearl Street
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 654-5376 2.7 NS-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.