Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 450 students
- Yearly Tuition: $41,250
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Norwood School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
Academics and Faculty
Nice school clothes; no jeans or t-shirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
& Diversity (SUCCEED), Book Clubs, Competitive Math Teams, Debate Team, Ethnicity, GLOW, Math Clubs, Model UN, SEEDling, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Students Seeking Understanding & Celebrating Culture, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Suzuki Strings, Theatrical Productions
- At the core of Norwood are more than 60 years of proven excellence in educating and preparing children for the future. We believe that today`s students must be exposed to a comprehensive view of the world and be conversant with different cultures. Our students are guided to develop important 21st century skills: to think critically, creatively, collaboratively, and compassionately with a global perspective. We also believe that world languages, art, music, physical education, athletics should never be considered extracurricular subjects. Each is a vibrant program that is as much a part of the Norwood experience as other subjects. Our commitment is to nurturing the whole child and helping children discover their passions.
- Norwood teachers are highly skilled at blending the very best of traditional and innovative teaching methods to inspire analytical and critical thinking, strong oral and written communication, independent thinking, and leadership in teamwork. Lower school teachers understand the careful balance of nurture and challenge; middle school teachers provide the freedom and structure adolescents need to flourish. Norwood is an intentionally happy place where children feel safe, respected, valued, and loved. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive community, and our goal is for every child to leave at the end of the day excited to return the next morning. We celebrate children being children whether at work or at play.
- How you lead your matters-that`s Norwood`s motto. Character and spiritual education are everywhere in the classroom, the playground, and the athletic field. We are as committed to nurturing matters of the mind and matters of the heart in each and every child. And at the end of their Norwood journey, our students are fully prepared for the next step in their education. Admission directors at some of the most selective secondary schools have described our students as: critical thinkers, curious learners, leaders, participants, good school citizens, well-mannered, well-balanced, impressive young people, and intrinsically kind and caring.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Norwood School cost?
Norwood School's tuition is approximately $41,250 for private students.
Does Norwood School offer a summer program?
Yes, Norwood School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Norwood School offer?
Norwood School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Winter Track. Norwood School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for most sports offered.
What is Norwood School's ranking?
Norwood School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for: Largest student body, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Norwood School?
The application deadline for Norwood School is Jan. 15.
Endorse Norwood School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards