Our Lady Of Mercy School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (301) 365-4477
- Founded in 1961, Our Lady of Mercy School strives to continue the Mercy tradition of instilling Christian values while providing quality education.
- This is accomplished through honest communication, mutual concern and cooperation among the priests, lay staff, and families who work together as a community to nurture Catholic beliefs and practices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Executive Functioning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1998, 2009|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition details|
|Admissions Director||Karen Robertson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Broadcast Studio, Chess Club, Leadership Academy, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Instrumental Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Mercy is a two-time recipient of the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award, and consistently meets the qualifying criteria with student achievement placing in the top 15th percent nationally. Re-accredited by The Commission on Elementary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in 2008, Mercy was commended for its outstanding Educational Excellence Program. We provide a rigorous academic program that engages and challenges students at all levels, while recognizing and responding to individual needs. Every Mercy student receives small group instruction for both math and language arts. Teachers are able to provide personalized support and enrichment, to delve deeper into the curriculum, and to make real-world connections, all of which promote student engagement, interest, and growth.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: NS-8 | 168 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 229-5586 2.3 NS-8
- Bethesda Grades: PK-8 | 463 students
9525 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 530-1221 3 PK-8
- Dundalk Grades: PK-12 | 143 students
7321 Manchester Rd
Dundalk, MD 21222
(410) 285-2193 39.9 PK-12
Mercy is a wonderful place to learn. I love the sense of community that was missing in our neighborhood public school. The students have "prayer partners", which builds a strong bond between the older and younger students. The school has great opportunities for service to the community. The teachers are extremely kind and supportive. My older child is learning wonderful organizational skills as she is being prepped for middle school. While the educational style is more on the traditional side, there is an emphasis on the basics; handwriting, written composition and grammar that are lacking in the public school curriculum. Mercy is the full package, community and strong academics.
- Posted by Parent - neani
We could not be happier with Mercy. The faculty is amazingly dedicated. There is a top notch special education/"inclusion program". My kids are not in the program but it is actually a benefit for the entire school. Mercy has proven to be a nurturing, challenging and inclusive environment where all children are accepted and truly seem to thrive. We could not be happier. In this area it is also a bargain!! Love it!!!
- Posted by Parent - burke
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.