Our Lady Of Mercy School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1961, Our Lady of Mercy School strives to continue the Mercy tradition of instilling Christian values while providing quality education.
- This is accomplished through honest communication, mutual concern and cooperation among the priests, lay staff, and families who work together as a community to nurture Catholic beliefs and practices.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Executive Functioning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1998, 2009|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition details|
|Admissions Director||Karen Robertson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Broadcast Studio, Chess Club, Leadership Academy, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Instrumental Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We are a Catholic community of followers of Christ who desire to be ever more deeply rooted in the the presence and power of God. We are guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit, the Word of God and the tradition of the Church. We welcome all to join us as we reach out in justice and love to build God's kingdom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
6900 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301)229-5586 2.3 PK-8
- Bethesda Grades: PK-8 | 507 students
9525 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301)530-1221 3 PK-8
- Dundalk Grades: PK-12 | 148 students
7321 Manchester Rd
Dundalk, MD 21222
(410)285-2193 39.9 PK-12
Mercy is a wonderful place to learn. I love the sense of community that was missing in our neighborhood public school. The students have "prayer partners", which builds a strong bond between the older and younger students. The school has great opportunities for service to the community. The teachers are extremely kind and supportive. My older child is learning wonderful organizational skills as she is being prepped for middle school. While the educational style is more on the traditional side, there is an emphasis on the basics; handwriting, written composition and grammar that are lacking in the public school curriculum. Mercy is the full package, community and strong academics.
- Posted by Parent - neani
We could not be happier with Mercy. The faculty is amazingly dedicated. There is a top notch special education/"inclusion program". My kids are not in the program but it is actually a benefit for the entire school. Mercy has proven to be a nurturing, challenging and inclusive environment where all children are accepted and truly seem to thrive. We could not be happier. In this area it is also a bargain!! Love it!!!
- Posted by Parent - burke
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.